Close up shots

WinterHawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new here and wanted to share a few shots of my favorite choice of photography and that is close-ups of weird and obscure things. I took these shots summer of last year (2005), but I thought I'd share and get ya'all opinion.

These were taken with my canon 20D with the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Whoa, in the second series I like how you take us closer and closer and closer! Cool. The abstractness and colours of the last of that second series are very appealing.

Says the notororious lover of the colour green as it appears in nature of this forum, mind.

Which is why I also like your first three, one of which makes your avatar ... of those I best like the last again, also because you take us so close-up to that wasp and it communicates with the camera (and us in consequence) so nicely. The perspective is also quite cool.

That last one is fantastic, and difficult to get i should think, small enough to make everything look blurred but this one came out nicely. The first seriese was bravly done, i hope that the hornet? was drousy as i wouldnt like to get so close to one of these beasties. thanks for posting.

tim

Thanks, the wasp/hornet and flower were the first experiential shots I took when I got the camera and was just testing. The hornet's nest in the ground here, and some years there are so many it's like a locus storm :) - I took the hornet shots from about 3 foot away sitting on my front porch.

Here's another close-up of one of our huge grasshoppers.

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01797a.jpg

Most reactions

Back