Cloud Critique

GutsAndGlory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture with a Nikon D70. I don't have Photoshop, so I wasn't able to do too much to it. I would like it if the clouds were a little more defined.
Land106.jpg

a good cloud shot can be very difficult, look for opportunities when they are back-lit (sun, moon, e/t/c) that typically brings out the most natural contrast which is key for something that is just naturally bland

i dont know if its just me but i dont like cloud pictures with nothing else in the frame to give interest to the pic

Hmm, I like that it is b&w. I would've probably moved the frame down so you can see more land, and remove that extra space on top of the photo.

i dont know if its just me but i dont like cloud pictures with nothing else in the frame to give interest to the pic

No, it is not just you at all. Clouds are only a PART of a shot and they are often too flat and provide no perspective. Foreground is necessary and most scenic shots are better in colour as well, since black and white is seldom handled well by many photographers.

skieur

Most reactions

Back