Coast to coast

Samuel.z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Next september i will travel across america with a friend of mine. We will go from Orlando to los Angeles. I will be bringing my camera of course. This is the first time i'm traveling outside the borders of Sweden where i live.

Now i turn to you guys and want to know if there are any places i should visit or things that might be of interest in a photographers eyes.

i will be traveling through the southern states. Our route is not yet set all we know is start and end destination. So hit me with exciting stories and experiences!

I'd like to hear others experience when it comes to traveling in the states. tips and tricks.

How much time do you have to do the drive and what types of things do you enjoy seeing/photographing? That will definitely effect any recommendations we are able to provide. If you are staying very South on your route I would recommend at least a few hours in New Orleans, LA. The French Quarter is an interesting place and good place for photos.

Grand Canyon.. Hoover Dam..

Hit one of the beaches in the Panhandle of Florida. Gorgeous soft white sand. Like, really white. 4 Most Relaxing Beaches on Florida's Panhandle

In Texas, I really enjoyed Austin and San Antonio (which are close to each other so you can easily hit both cities.)

In Arizona, sure, there's is the Grand Canyon, but I'd also drive through Sedona on your way up to the Canyon. The red rocks are incredible. Driving through Arizona felt like I was on a different planet.

Be prepared for places to be farther apart from each other than you think. It's a really big friggin' country!

Next september i will travel across america with a friend of mine. We will go from Orlando to los Angeles. I will be bringing my camera of course. This is the first time i'm traveling outside the borders of Sweden where i live.

Now i turn to you guys and want to know if there are any places i should visit or things that might be of interest in a photographers eyes.

i will be traveling through the southern states. Our route is not yet set all we know is start and end destination. So hit me with exciting stories and experiences!

I'd like to hear others experience when it comes to traveling in the states. tips and tricks.
The national parks out west are not to be missed. Grand Canyon, of course, but check out Bryce and Zion and Monument Valley on line, the last particularly for fans of classic John Ford westerns. And on a very different note, Las Vegas.

Drive north on Interstae 5 and see the giant California redwoods, and drive a bit farther north into Oregon to see one of the most-beautiful segments of the entire Pacific Ocean shoreline/coast, Samuel H. Boardman State Park, a photography paradise.

Drive north on Interstae 5 and see the giant California redwoods, and drive a bit farther north into Oregon to see one of the most-beautiful segments of the entire Pacific Ocean shoreline/coast, Samuel H. Boardman State Park, a photography paradise.

So much in Oregon is gorgeous! I can't wait to get back out there! The coast is beautiful and there's also Crater Lake which I hear is nice and is on my list of places to see there if I'm ever there when the roads are open to it, I always seem to be in that area during the winter.

Yosemite, argued to be the most beautiful place in the world. California Highway 1, along the central coast, is considered to be the most scenic road in the world. Kings Canyon is home to the Sequoias, the tallest trees in the world, forests of them reaching into the heavens ... Las Vegas, the anthesis of Kings Canyon, yet equally photogenic. The Grand Canyon is truly Grand, Los Angeles and San Francisco are crossroads of the world, where you can find every culture and people represented.

Do you have any photo genre preference?

okay i'm going to try to answer as many of the questions above at once here.

We're going to go from Orlando to los Angeles in 4 weeks so we will probably only have a few hours at most at some locations.
Some stops in between that are set so far are: new Orleans, Memphis, las Vegas. but as you see we have some gaps in between to fill.

I am mostly interested in landscape photography but when the camera is out you never know what the eye will find.

All the tips above sounds amazing! sure will look into what can be included in our route.

most of my suggestions have been mentioned (panhandle, bryce,,,).
whitesands & more in new mexico.
sedona in arizona.
glad to see that you will see new orleans as it is full of photo opportunities and jazz.

If you want to hit Vegas then the Grand Canyon is nearby and very interesting.

Ive seen alot of photos of the grand canyon but most of them are from above. is it hard to find a way down to the bottom?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back