What's new

Cocktails....

Thanks! Next one is going to be delicious....
Gin.
 
The Clover Club...

CloverClub by keips66, on Flickr
Pretty darn good. and the egg white makes it frothy... Shake it up, then add ice and shake again. Double strain into a coupe. Enjoy...
 
I've been really enjoying this thread (both the pictures and the recipes!) The only thing I don't like about this latest picture is that the line that divides the colors in the background is crooked.
 
^Well I suppose I could fix in Photoshop... but I'd be more than happy to re-shoot! :)
 
Ooh, cool new avatar, too!

I think the line stands out to me because I read all the messages straight through and the other pictures were fresh in my mind. The background of all the others were more uniform and bokehlicious and did a great job at highlighting but not distracting from the main subject. This was the only one that seemed to break that pattern, but only because of the angle of the line. I like the two tones because they mirror the drink and the colors work really well with the rest of the photo.
 
^ok, now that Ive had time to analyze it, I see. Good point. Ill fix it.

Tonights drink will be good too...
 
...and the Aruba...

Aruba by keips66, on Flickr
Lovin the egg whites.
 
Nice.
I'm a bit wary of the egg white but might have to try that last one.
 
You know, Lee, on that last one, a little spray of water on the wood would give the impression of a poolside deck - and the strong lighting and shadow contribute to that feeling.

Overall your images are as delicious as the drinks appear to be. I'm going to have to limit myself to only one per day. ;)
 
Great idea! The problem Im having is the location in which I'm taking all of these. Of course, these are all for fun -sort of a warm up- but I have just run out of tables, coasters, and glassware. Now, I have to get more creative. I was a bit weary of drinks with egg in them as well, but it adds a dimension to the drink that is otherwise not there. Only a half ounce of the whites from a FRESH egg is all these call for anyway. Most of these are pre-prohibition era cocktails. Modern ones on the way... If any of you want the exact measurements for these lemme know.
Thinking about some bourbon, or rye next...
 
Great idea! The problem Im having is the location in which I'm taking all of these. Of course, these are all for fun -sort of a warm up- but I have just run out of tables, coasters, and glassware. Now, I have to get more creative. I was a bit weary of drinks with egg in them as well, but it adds a dimension to the drink that is otherwise not there. Only a half ounce of the whites from a FRESH egg is all these call for anyway. Most of these are pre-prohibition era cocktails. Modern ones on the way... If any of you want the exact measurements for these lemme know.
Thinking about some bourbon, or rye next...

Well, they may be for fun, but they are good enough to put into a shiny-page book, or on a poster. I'm sure there is a potential market for restaurants and bars in showing their "specialty" drinks, and while I don't want to encourage drinking, these types of drinks really need to be savoured, and the visual presentation is a very important part of that. Why not try printing some of these on metallic paper in a larger size (say 24-30 inches high) and see if people get excited about them?
 
More of a manly drink...

Grand Larceny by keips66, on Flickr

Also used is a burned lemon oil. - heat the lemon wrind with a flame, and then squeeze the oil out through the flame, onto the drink rub the rim with the rind. This drink is interesting because it has an IPA floater, which compliments the sweetness, and adds a slightly bitter bite. This drink is awesome. Make sure you use top quality ingredients. I used Lagunitas IPA and a large ice sphere...
Taken with about 8 shots on my old 1970 somthin' 55 1.2 manuel. wide open. natural window light through the blinds.
 
Last edited:
Love the look of that last photo and I love the recipe, too. That burned lemon oil is a great trick. As a former bartender, I find the recipes as exciting as the photos are :)
 
next up... something with some good mescal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom