Cocktails....

yeah well I guess thats why I dont edit on my laptop... while enjoying these... Ill have to tweak some things.

Never fails, every time i edit on a laptop i end up doing it again on my work PC.

The second one *does* look a little underexposed on my calibrated monitor.

The first one...well, I can't really see ANYthing wrong with the first one because I'm so completely enraptured by that drink!! Good night, that LOOKS and sounds sooooo good... :D

^thats what I thought too. Second needs work. First looks ok to me. You should make it :) I have some other good ones coming up...

^thats what I thought too. Second needs work. First looks ok to me. You should make it :) I have some other good ones coming up...

Maybe I am just crazy but I see a blue cast.

Ill mess with that one too... :)

There, whew that was bugging me. ;)
$drink.jpg

^now that I see yours compared to mine, I see. However, Im still not sold on the background color. When I have the proper files tomorrow Ill give it a whirl too. :)

Alright, thanks runnah. I went about the processing differently. It was my first real try at focus stacking and I neglected to adjust in RAW first. I just batched in Photoshop before any adjustments. For these, I made a preset, and adjusted all 4 images for each shot and then stacked. Are these better?

Jack SatanII by keips66, on Flickr

HotelII by keips66, on Flickr
Still on my laptop though... couldn't wait till morning.

Yep. looks better at work too.

Ah. Too bad. Mi-lady has just left the bath, and she's in the mood... Guess will have to improvise. Dang. where is a hibiscus when you need one? Nemmind. Found a substitute. :biggrin:
Pgriz, you crack me up!

The first image is fantastic. The font is perfect for this type of drink, love the DOF, and the vignetting. Very nice. I would keep the look semi-consistent for the menu. The second image font is too girly.

^ Yeah. These particular drinks are only me playing around at my house. They are drinks that are some of my favorites from restaurants in San Francisco and Oakland. I thought you guys would like to know how to make some :) The drink menu will have different, more typical - cheaper drinks - because it is a sports bar. (Margarita, Mai Tai, Beer, etc...)

Next:

MaiTai by keips66, on Flickr
The real Mai Tai. Adapted from Trader Vic's in Oakland (the original)
Pretty refreshing...
Natural sunlight. Through my window. 6 stacked shots.

I loved the earlier shots too, especially the second edit on the first? But this one looks and sounds perfect to me.

Most reactions

Back