Cold Stroll in the Countryside

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Went to this location in the summer with the kids (there's a thread somewhere) went back this afternoon and snapped a few.

ml1.jpg

ml2.jpg

ml3.jpg

ml4.jpg

ml5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

these pictures are great!! my fav has to be number 1 :thumbup:

SteveEllis said:
The gravestone in Picture 3 is so unusual, do you know its history?

The rusty one is not actually a gravestone, it's a corner of a chained grave, but the chain has rusted through.

Thanks for your comments Steve and Scoob!

Very nice location.
Lovely weather.
I like all these photos, but the second very much because of the colour of the sky, the third because of the light of the sun and the close-up composition of the old graves, the fourth once again because of the sweet light and the last because of the shadows and the fact that this one was taken against the light.

There are hardly any thus old graveyards around here in Germany ... well, I would not know where to find one like this, while over in the UK they seem to be to the side of almost every old village church...

Great shots, great lighting! 2 and 3 are my favs. I just love old churches. (If these were mine I'd have 'shopped out the phone lines, but that just me.)

Must ... get .. out ... with ... camera ... more.

Thanks all for your comments!

Corinna, you know where to come if you want to shoot old churches, can't guarantee the weather though, been raining all day today.

Mohain, I thought about taking the lines out, but thought sod it - having an attention deficit period over the holidays mainly brought on by lack of sleep and beer, might play around with it in the new year to see whether I have the patience.

I reuploaded number 2 as after initially thinking that it had a lot of wide angle distortion, set about correcting it (or attempting to) - only to realise today that it was just severely tilted :D

Right, time for a beer! ;)

sorry i missed this first go 'round :(

i love #1 & 2.

congrats on the bbc article! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back