Color washout?

Jace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I shot in RAW today. In PS and on my computer the colors seem fairly vibrant, even after saving in jpeg or png, but when I upload them to the net they seem... dull. Is this normal, or am I not doing something right when saving from RAW to another format?

Nevermind, I found it.
What was it?

Probably the biggest thing you should look at is monitor calibration, also - color space. Make sure you're using the right one for the intended use.

So your camera is shooting in a different colorspace or PS is set to a different colorspace. You can change that so that files always open in sRGB automatically or so your camera shoots sRGB automatically.

sRGB is a pretty small color space.

Experts generally recommend capturing photos using the largest colorspace your camera can do, usually Adobe RGB, and to do all editing in an even larger color space like ProPhoto RGB, and then 'Comvert to Profile' when you know how the photo will be used.

For web use or use as a print convert to the sRGB profile. For offset press printing most commercial clients want files converted to CMYK.

Most reactions

Back