Colored Face - C&C Please

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys:

Here's a photo I made from a recent shoot with Juliana. It was inspired by a pop art image of Marilyn Monroe.

Please note the word inspired. It's not supposed to be an exact replica. But I'd like your thoughts on the execution and color scheme.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 10.23.09 AM.jpg
This is the original version, using the color scheme from the reference.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 10.23.00 AM.jpg
This is a desaturated version. Juliana's feedback was that she thought the original version was a LGBT pride image, which was not my intention, so this version is less vibrant.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 10.22.51 AM.jpg
And here is just a different color scheme all together.

Thoughts please, and thank you!

Edit:

Here is a compromise. I've brightened the eyes, tweaked some of the colors and desaturated just a little. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 12.14.41 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for C&C.

the desaturated image is nice. definitely a keeper.
not really digging the purple. makes her look like an oompa loompa.

The first two work for me. In fact I like yours much better than the image linked to.

I vote for number one. Not really into the second or third image.

The first for me, although the eyes seem a little "dark" and hence a little lifeless.
But the colours work for me on that one. Second one is too bland for the idea.
Third is too purple.

My 2 penn'orth.

Thanks for the feedback, yall. What do yall think of the model's LGBT pride comment?

Thanks for the feedback, yall. What do yall think of the model's LGBT pride comment?

Would never have crossed my mind. That being said, I like the 2nd one best.

Here is a compromise. I've brightened the eyes, tweaked some of the colors and desaturated just a little. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 12.14.41 PM.jpg

agreed.
never would have thought LGBT if it had not been brought up. my first thought was artsy.
someones a little insecure or sensitive about it maybe?

looks pretty good, but you never post full sized images so its really hard to take a good look.

but really like #2 you posted.

Haha, it's just so much easier to upload a screen shot, because of the file size limitations.

agreed.
never would have thought LGBT if it had not been brought up. my first thought was artsy.
someones a little insecure or sensitive about it maybe?

Well, actually.... she is bisexual haha, so that might be part of it.

It didn't strike me that way either, but that was a thing going around on FB avatars, so maybe that's why the thought occurred to your subject, maybe it would strike other people that way too.

If anything the expression seems rather depressed or sad looking or has a flat affect. From the title I thought this would be a reference to one of the Warhol Marilyns. I had to look this up and wasn't easy to find, but it isn't pop art, it seems to be self proclaimed grunge. So for me I don't quite think it works, or maybe I'm just not sure what you're going for.

I liked the first one with more color better but maybe more working with a model and figuring out how to go for either a more pop look or a more grunge look (although I'm not sure how you'd go about that look). Maybe this emphasizes what looks like the pride flag more than you'd intended for viewers who have seen that done on avatars of people's faces.

Most reactions

Back