Colorgenics

Mine couldn't have been more inaccurate if it had tried.
I side with Rob.
The 'analysis' consists largely of platitudes and Barnum statements.

I will now, using the magic of Hertz, give a personality profile of you (yes, you reading this thread right now):

You have a need for other people to like and admire you and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.
You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept other's statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

hmmm... that does sound like a good tool. Of course, I haven't done any counselling now for a few years (except on myself :mrgreen: ) but that sounds like a great tool to use! Thanks!

Hertz van Rental said:
Mine couldn't have been more inaccurate if it had tried.
I side with Rob.
The 'analysis' consists largely of platitudes and Barnum statements.

I will now, using the magic of Hertz, give a personality profile of you (yes, you reading this thread right now):

You have a need for other people to like and admire you and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.
You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept other's statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

:lmao:

Hertz van Rental said:

Yeah, but you didn't say I was feeling exhausted, worn out and drained :lmao:

At this particular time you are feeling the results of extreme stress and you are seeking a 'way out' but you are pushing too hard. Obviously you need peace, tranquillity and contentment. Your temperament is such that you are hoping, unrealistically perhaps, that your desires will shortly be fulfilled (even if at this time you are not quite sure what those true aspirations may be!).No idea what they're talking about at this point. I'm not really stressed at all. Infact, the last 10 months have been the least stressful of my entire life.

You are a true extrovert, frivolous and outgoing. You need to feel in control of any situation. If matters are not proceeding according to plan you tend to get extremely irritable and perhaps become difficult to live with. The first part is very true, and I do tend to get very agitated, but that can be changed depending on the company. If my company is good, I couldn't give flying eff if things don't go according to plans.

The present situation, not of your making, is forcing you to compromise. You will have to hold back and forgo some of your hopes, dreams and aspirations. No Idea what this means. I don't need to sacrafice anything. Unless you consider cigarettes a sacrifice.

For whatever the reason, you find it extremely difficult to sustain relationships - that is to sustain them in the manner that you would wish. You are a very gentle sort of person, full of feeling, sensitivity and susceptible to love and affection, looking and longing for a partner with whom you can enjoy 'All things bright and beautiful' - someone with whom you can seek out the more esoteric things of life. But up to now this person has only existed in your imagination. You are very choosy, appreciative, refined and extremely artistic in temperament and it is your hope to seek others who will allow you to form and express your own taste and judgement and who at the same time may assist you in your intellectual or artistic growth. Ho hum, Don't judge.

You are inclined to be too trusting and you feel that you need to be on your guard against the possibility that your endeavours and actions may be misunderstood. Too often you have been taken advantage of and you have been mentally abused. Now you are seeking a relationship which can provide peace of mind, where you can be yourself and not have the need to put on a false front. Eeek.

You are trying to prove to others that nothing can really affect you. You are pretending to be stoical - indifferent to pain or pleasure and indeed even superior to any form of weakness. As a result, more often than not, you unfortunately act with undue harshness or severity by adopting an autocratic and self-willed attitude.

Always anxious to accept the role of the leader, as indeed you often work well with people - but try to stay out of the limelight. You'd like a life of ease with no one to rock the boat and someone who understands you is so important in your life.

You are a perfectionist in everything that you put your hand to. You are demanding and very exacting in the standards you apply to your choice of colleagues and friends -perhaps you demand too much from people. That perfection you seek in a particular person is illusive - perhaps it does not even exist.

You are frustrated and stressed. You appreciate the finer things in life but at all times you appear to stay aloof, critical of everything and everyone about you. You will not be carried away by your emotions and you refuse to trust anyone or any situation unless genuineness and integrity can be absolutely vouched for. Therefore, you keep a strict and watchful control on your feelings as you must know exactly where you stand at all times. You demand complete sincerity as a protection against your own tendency to be too trusting.

You are being very dogmatic, insisting that there is to be absolutely no equivocation whatsoever about your achievements and accomplishments.

:confused:

Oh crap, Calliopallie ... I need more meds! (I don't understand that last little bit ... help me out there, please) but the rest ... well ... I have no idea what that crazy test is talking about! I am in no way a perfectionist nor am I demanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:er:

Just kidding ... it actually hit a little too close to home ... as in I just went through an F5 tornado ... thankyouverymuch!

How fun! Got anymore?!?!

meh... some of it hit home a little too close, but some of it was way out in left field... i think hertz's was just as accurate... :thumbup:

You are the sort of person that needs a peaceful environment. You seek release from stress and freedom from conflicts and disagreements, of which you seem to have had more than your fair share. But you are taking pains to control the situation by proceeding cautiously and you are right in doing so as you are a very sensitive person. Yeah...

You are a true extrovert, frivolous and outgoing. You need to feel in control of any situation. If matters are not proceeding according to plan you tend to get extremely irritable and perhaps become difficult to live with. Uh...hehe...big yeah?

You give the impression that you are a self-sufficient individual, pretending that you are stoical - indifferent to pain or pleasure. But this is not so, for in truth you are an extremely emotional person, one that may make hasty decisions and perhaps repent at leisure. It is time now perhaps to break the bond of detachment and become the real 'you' - the you that you would like to be. Sorta

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone. Partially correct

You wish to be left in peace... no more conflict and no more differences of opinion. In fact you just don't want to be involved in arguments of any shape or form. All you want is for 'them' to get on with it - and to leave you alone.
Correct except for the very last snippet

mine basically said i was paranoiac (which is true), and that i was refusing outside help but determined in what i was doing (which is true), and that i feel having somebody to share time with would help alleviate some of my exhaustion (which, well, everybody feels)

i thought it was a little general, like fortune cookies (best fortune cookie i ever got: "you love chinese food!" indeed... indeed...)

I think from now on, I will have to preface any thread I start with: "For entertainment purposes only!" :lol: People seem to take things too seriously.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You appreciate the better things of life and you don't particularly want to strive in order to achieve them. What a pity you were not born into the Gentry with servants, etc. Unfortunately - life is not like that. You have the ability to be whatever it is that you would like to be but you must make the effort. awwww....:lovey:

You are full of stress at this time. It would seem that you are having more than your fair share of trials and tribulations and you are looking for a way out. You are not quite sure which way to go but the advice is - 'Stop trying so hard'. Well...my real agenda is: get the teenager out of the house.

You feel unhappy because you feel that you are not able to obtain the co-operation of those around you. All you would like at this time would be to achieve harmony within your circle. um.....like I said.....get the teenager out of the house.

From every direction there appear to be unwarranted restrictions on your freedom of action and this is producing considerable stress. You're really looking for independence and freedom from any restriction and therefore avoiding any obligations or anything which might prove hampering. You are being subjected to considerable pressures and you would like nothing better than to escape from them but you tend to lack the necessary strength of purpose to succeed in this. Whichever way you turn you are being frustrated. You need to be free to do your 'thing' in your own way. What does this test not get?? :irked: I SAID: get the teenager out of the house!!

You need to be needed and would like a situation where you will no longer be subjected to pressures and demands from those about you. There is no harm in 'dreaming' but it is you - and only you - that can be able to realise those dreams and to turn them into reality. yeah, yeah....can I borrow some money?
[/FONT]

:lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Okay, so I went back and took it a few more times ... okay ... five more times ... I wanted to see how bleak I could get ... how happy I could get and how mundane I could get ...

this was by FAR my favorite line ...

You can find solace in the arms of someone who cares so long as there is no long-term emotional involvement.

Wonder if I can get any takers on that part?!?! :eyebrows:

Mine was a bunch of bull. It should have read:

Before you start reading this you're going to light a cigarette. You read this, thinking to yourself what utter vague crap it is. You are very angry with your parents, your dating life is weak, and you need to do the dishes. You tell yourself that you're going to do something productive like cleaning or reading a book or working on your portfolio, but instead you're gonig to sit in front of the computer for inordinate periods of time, drooling over accessories for your camera.

I wonder how many people who think this is stupid is sharing it with their friends / family to take? :hertz: :crazy:

Calliope said:
I wonder how many people who think this is stupid is sharing it with their friends / family to take? :hertz: :crazy:

*raises hand*

me! ooo!! ooo!!! ME!

(sorry for those in my address book ... ya'll all got it!)

:crazy: :crazy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back