Colorgenics

TALK ABOUT NAILING IT!

You are a very sensitive person and you try hard (perhaps a little too hard) to make favourable impressions and to be recognised by your peers. But you have that inherent need to feel appreciated and admired and you are easily hurt if all of your endeavours go by unappreciated or not acknowledged. Stop trying so hard.

You are looking for excitement and stimulation and you are ready to try anything - but be careful not to take too many risks.

You are a perfectionist in everything that you put your hand to. You are demanding and very exacting in the standards you apply to your choice of colleagues and friends -perhaps you demand too much from people. That perfection you seek in a particular person is illusive - perhaps it does not even exist.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You are trying to build up your own position and you resist all external influences. You insist that you are your own person and you will not tolerate any outside interference. Decisive and proud, you are true managerial material.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Is it that you are working - or even playing - too hard? Because it would seem that you are experiencing a great deal of pent-up emotion at this time which could possibly take effect and lead to irrational behaviour.

You are very self-sufficient and methodical. You presume to know where you are going but need to find a person who will recognise the way you are, not be too demanding and who is, as they say in Italy, 'Simpatico'.

Loneliness is soul destroying and at this time you feel lost and lonely, perhaps it is because you feel so frustrated that you are prepared to go out of your way to become emotionally involved with someone who could accept you for what you are. You are egocentric, antagonistic and quick to take offence, although it must be said, you can control your pent-up up emotion and thus avoid open conflict.

You pretend that you are a carefree individual and that nothing really bothers you - that you are so self-sufficient that whatever problems beset you they simply flow off you as water flows off a ducks back. You are experiencing considerable stress, trying to conceal yourself from the rest of the world. In actual fact - deep down, you are not at all happy. You feel lonely and you need someone with whom you can 'Let your hair down' and share your hopes, dreams and high standards. You are imposing unnecessary self restraint on yourself. You would like to demonstrate the unique quality of your character to all and sundry.

At this time you don't particularly like yourself. Everything that you have tried to do seems to have gone wrong. This makes you feel that there is no point in trying to start again. Apart from being stressed and tense, you are angry with yourself and have unadmitted self-contempt. Your refusal to admit that you and you alone is the basic cause of your problems leads to you adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude. If you take stock of yourself, smile a little and let go, everything will turn out OK. Have you not heard of the cliche 'smile and the world smiles with you - cry and you cry alone!'?

i think it's pretty much spot on:confused:
and i think the one who knows me best would vouch for that^^^
strange but so true
[/FONT]

wow...its funny....but when i first read mine, i thought, thats not really me...then i realized the truth is, it really is me... i have hid a bunch of crap from myself...

( laugh if you must, but i am not talking about the others...) i'm meaning that if i think about it, i really am down...really untrusting...really wanting attention..and really feeling less than special...

those little colored squares are good, calliopie...oh, and i have shared with everyone in the office and then some!! thanks girl...

aprilraven said:
wow...its funny....but when i first read mine, i thought, thats not really me...then i realized the truth is, it really is me... i have hid a bunch of crap from myself...

( laugh if you must, but i am not talking about the others...) i'm meaning that if i think about it, i really am down...really untrusting...really wanting attention..and really feeling less than special...

those little colored squares are good, calliopie...oh, and i have shared with everyone in the office and then some!! thanks girl...

That's true! I was reading JM's with him, and I just kept nodding my head. It was SOOOO him. Then he read mine with me, and he kept saying "uh huh" and giggling at certain places :er: showing me he thought mine was completely accurate too. Sometimes, we don't really see ourselves and other people see us more accurately. :crazy:

Aprilraven ... Calliope ...

WHAT ARE YA'LL ... A BUNCH OF FREAKIN' GIRLS OR SOMETHING!?!?!?!!?

:er: :hertz: :meh: :) :D :mrgreen: ;) :lol:

(I'm just still in denial ... that's all!) :hugs:

Alison said:
Yeah, but you didn't say I was feeling exhausted, worn out and drained :lmao:
I was only talking about your personality - not your physical state.
No complaints now - you have no-one to blame but yourself (but if you must blame someone then it's all Aubrey's fault) :lol:

The profile was made up of Barnum Statements - things that we believe to be true about ourselves but not true of others.
Good, eh?

I ran it through a few times and unless it's really picking up some negative vibes its basically saying life isn't worth living!
But remember guys and gals, suicide is not an option...... and it also isn't painless like that stupid song from M.A.S.H. (although a great series).... but looking through all the variations of colours chosen... basicly your screwed no matter what the combination.... i agree its definately there to suggest you 'need' help more than you actually do. But at the same time as calliope says "its just a bit of fun man"......(but in a more girly voice)

Whoa! Talk about looking deeper into the mirror!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You feel that everything is going against you and you are worn out and exhausted by all the conflict and quarrelling. You are trying to protect yourself but at the same time you are hiding your feelings, hoping that by so doing, you can avoid exposing yourself to attack. Hopefully this will give you the chance to get on with your life. Nevertheless, you should be very careful to try to avoid stirring up any opposition which might endanger your plans.

You don't feel as if you can go it on your own anymore. You don't want to be taken for granted. You need to be recognised as a 'caring person' and it could be that you are searching to establish a relationship, not necessarily with someone new, but with that someone special who could feel the same way as you do.

You feel unhappy because you feel that you are not able to obtain the co-operation of those around you. All you would like at this time would be to achieve harmony within your circle.

You are pretending that the situation around you doesn't matter, but the effort of trying to conceal your emotions and anxieties is resulting in untold stress. The existing situation is disagreeable. You feel unwanted and lonely and you would really like to associate with someone whose ideals are as high as your own. You want to be above the standard of mediocrity and this need to be needed and that need to need has almost become an obsession. You are trying to magnify the need into a compelling urge. You would really like to tell the world how great you are but no, you are holding back because you feel that your peers may treat you with contempt. This is a great pity because you have in fact a unique quality of character, but the continual restraint that you impose on yourself makes you suppress this need for others and you pretend you don't really care. You treat those who criticise you with contempt. However, to be honest, beneath this assumption of indifference you really long for the approval and esteem of others.

It is strange that the anxiety that you are experiencing at this time is of your own making simply because of your desire to be respected by your fellow man and with those whom you work with. You are not satisfied. The normal congenial 'you' is becoming quite introverted. This is becoming increasingly more obvious because you seem to shy away from participating in everyday activities. You are refusing to allow yourself to become involved or to participate with others and it is the reluctance to communicate that is the inherent cause of your problems.
[/FONT]

hey, mo4b... for what its worth, i turn the mirror over, and poof..its gone..!

i dont believe in looking deeper...you just get bogged under...

and hey, if you cant rely on color, who can you rely on???

i say.... if you have a great sister grimm or two...you dont need anything else...

sister/cousin grimms, tell you what you need to know, and how to solve all your problems....we tell you yes your butt looks fat, and no dont talk to the werido ...stay way from that hot dog...go for the chocolate cake..you ninny...

all comes back to choices and perspective...

you just need a good friend or two or three...right pallie grimms??
calliopallie and nicole-opallie...( she is irish.....i have heard her on numerous occassion saying, i-rish you would look at her, she thinks she a queen, 'eh??)

I did it twice and got the same thing both times and it is entertaining. :lol: That said, Alison's fit me best of all. :mrgreen:

Here's mine - At this time you are feeling 'uptight' and you are urgently in need of rest and relaxation; but perhaps even more than that you need to overcome that feeling that you have been 'hard done by' and treated with a complete lack of consideration. Maybe you have, but whatever may have been the cause of your inherent anxiety, you regard the situation as intolerable. Your are, however, sufficiently competent to turn that situation around - you have overcome similar problems in the past, and really this one isn't too different. Duh! :er:

Everything seems to be going against you at this time. Try as you may you are meeting with considerable resistance at every turn. Nothing is going as you would plan. Um - No! The situation is difficult and you are trying to persist in your objectives against resistance. It would appear that you are being very secretive about your future plans just in case people around you try to thwart you. Duh again! :er:

It is hard for you to accept that your needs and desires are misunderstood by almost everyone within your sphere of influence and there is no one to rely on. Not really :confused: Your pent-up emotions and inherent egocentricity make you quick to take offence, but as matters stand you realise that you'll have to make the best of things as they are. Basically true

You are pretending that the situation around you doesn't matter, but the effort of trying to conceal your emotions and anxieties is resulting in untold stress. The existing situation is disagreeable. Absof'inglutely! You feel unwanted and lonely and you would really like to associate with someone whose ideals are as high as your own. You want to be above the standard of mediocrity and this need to be needed and that need to need has almost become an obsession. You are trying to magnify the need into a compelling urge. You would really like to tell the world how great you are but no, you are holding back because you feel that your peers may treat you with contempt. Totally untrue! This is a great pity because you have in fact a unique quality of character, but the continual restraint that you impose on yourself makes you suppress this need for others and you pretend you don't really care. You treat those who criticise you with contempt. However, to be honest, beneath this assumption of indifference you really long for the approval and esteem of others. Nope! :er:

You would like to be respected and valued for yourself and this can only be achieved from within a close and harmonious relationship. Everyone wants be be respected and valued but I don't think this is something you find in a relationship. I think that you have to learn to respect and value yourself first and foremost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back