Compact Flash Card

GerritSmith

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey! I just got a Canon 20D dslr and the guy said I need a compact flash card. Can I use a normal SD card? Thanks in advance.

You should learn how to use google :)

SD and CF are different sizes and shapes. They are not in any way interchangeable.

if your looking for compact flashes i suggest amazon.com or ebay. i bought several from both sites for half or even less then half the price of retail stores. but i suggest transend as a second choice. and sandisk as a first choice. especially the class 10 16gig extreme CF's. the write SUPER fast for all occasions. i hope this helped.

if your looking for compact flashes i suggest amazon.com or ebay. i bought several from both sites for half or even less then half the price of retail stores. but i suggest transend as a second choice. and sandisk as a first choice. especially the class 10 16gig extreme CF's. the write SUPER fast for all occasions. i hope this helped.

Yes, Thanks! That helped alot. I found a CF card that was a 16gig and it was $36 on Amazon. I found a cheap no name brand 4gig for $10 on Ebay. At my local electronic store they have a 4gig CF card for $15 that was a Kingston, is that a good card? Whats the thing with the Duracell 16gig CF card for $76. Is it something that would last ages and save money by not having to get new CF cards that are cheaper?

Thanks!

they'll have differing write speeds. Kingston is ok, SanDisk is a favorite. Faster write speed = more $ = less wait time to transfer from buffer ;)

Ok thanks! the 20D takes 5 photos per second.

yea if anything i suggest sandisk because there built for endurance and speed and they havent treated me wrong yet! kingston is ok but i feel that anything other then sandisk is a risk with your photos.

yea if anything i suggest sandisk because there built for endurance and speed and they havent treated me wrong yet! kingston is ok but i feel that anything other then sandisk is a risk with your photos.

Yes! Thats what I was thinking. Its just the Sandisk is $25. So I don't know if I really want to spend $25.

Yes! Thats what I was thinking. Its just the Sandisk is $25. So I don't know if I really want to spend $25.

No it is highly worth the $25 dollars. i have $400 worth of sandisk cf and sdhc cards. both my transcends, and my kingstons have corrupted before and it makes you not want to pick up your camera ever lol

To elaborate alittle more ive been shooting photography for 8 months and in 3 months i had 3 memory cards (kingston and transcend) corrupt on me!!

To elaborate alittle more ive been shooting photography for 8 months and in 3 months i had 3 memory cards (kingston and transcend) corrupt on me!!
Ok thanks for the tip!

Most reactions

Back