Comparing different cameras, same scene

I have the camera, but there's some dirt coming out on ALL photos - does this mean I need the lens cleaned (see top right of photo)?

Looks like dirt on the sensor. The camera should have a mirtor or sensor cleaning mode that locks the mirror up until you turn the camera off.

Take the lens off and face the camera down and lock the mirror up. Then blow air on the sensor and turn the camera off and test. There are lots of videos on how to do this.

If this does not work you will need a sensor cleaning kit. They are about $10 at B&H.

If you indeed bought the Sony A7 camera, then go to youtube and search for "cleaning sony a7 sensor" and see if it is something you can do it yourself. If not, check with the place where you get the camera from, they maybe able to do that for you with or without fee.

The studio shot comparison originally linked to is designed to show things like dynamic range & colour rendering. These are issues that might be relevant for landscapes but can't really be compared with landscape shots where the natural light will be varying continueously.

Thanks guys I'll try a rocket blower.
What type of shop can I find one in?
Online shipping is pricey and slow.

Most reactions

Back