Concern about photographers profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

runswithscissors

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Upon looking for a baby/child portrait photographer I came across what I thought was a rather good local photographer. After I googled him I see that he also does quite a bit of "boudoir" photos, some rather expicit also some bondage photos.
Am I over reacting or does this send up a red flag? Should I be concerned?

This is an interesting first post. You seem to be very concerned, are you the photographer in question?

I would be very concerned. Pedophiles choose jobs and hobbies that will bring them in contact with kids. There are a lot of crazies in this world.

Do you know anyone that has had their photo taken by him?

why would you? its his line of work....

IMO your both over reacting. work is work, in this case, he's a portrait/people photographer. whether it be small children or boudoir style shots, look around. A lot of other photographers do the same. You make money by opening up your photography to all types, not just one to please certain people.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

If it bothers you, then use another photographer...or maybe contact him and/or meet to to get a first hand feel for him yourself.

When a photographer has such a wide range in their public portfolio...they do risk alienating some potential clients like this. But remember, just because they have taken photos that may offend your personal tastes...does not mean that the photos are indicators of the photographer's personality etc. It maybe have been a job that he took because he needed to pay the bills...you won't know unless you hear it from him. Maybe he's just a very versatile photographer while a broad range of experience.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has killed a lot of people on screen...but does that mean that he's a murderer? Of course not.

It's up to you to judge what is your personal level of comfort...and if this is too much, then just find someone else.

Just that the situation has you wondering says to look elsewhere.

-Pete

I'm new to this posting business so be gentle.
No I am not the photographer. I am a mother of 3 lovely children looking for someone to take a very artistic and "different" photo of my children.
The photographer I mentioned has a website with some interesting and I thought wonderful shots of babies and children.
He also has 2 other websites that specialize in musicians and boudoir/stripperish photos, the latter I found to be not so much artistic as raunchy. I'm not a prude in fact I do enjoy good black and white erotic work but his photos had made me uncomfortable.

I was just looking for some feedback and checking to see if this was uncommon and if I am over reacting.

This is an interesting first post. You seem to be very concerned, are you the photographer in question?

I would be very concerned. Pedophiles choose jobs and hobbies that will bring them in contact with kids. There are a lot of crazies in this world.

Do you know anyone that has had their photo taken by him?

So taking photos of an adult nature but also taking photos of children when paid by their parents makes him a potential kiddie fiddler. I'm sorry, but I don't see or understand any connection.

You know, I've had sex with adults. I've also had the odd bit of kiny stuff going on too. I have at times looked after children and I worked in a school for a couple of years. Do I fall into the same warped idea?

I'm new to this posting business so be gentle.
No I am not the photographer. I am a mother...

We raised four of our own.
I learned that if my wife's "mom alert" went off, there was usually a reason.
Sorry if I sounded "short" with you. I'm sure there's a good match for you out there somewhere.

-Pete

So... what are you doing this evening?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ha! That's funny, hey no hooking up on my thread!

I don't see the link between having sex with adults and teaching children.:er:

I'm going with the "mommy alert" and I'll find another photographer.

Thank you for your feedback.

When a photographer has such a wide range in their public portfolio...they do risk alienating some potential clients like this. Arnold Schwarzenegger has killed a lot of people on screen...but does that mean that he's a murderer? Of course not.

It's up to you to judge what is your personal level of comfort...and if this is too much, then just find someone else.

Can you imagine, if I decided to give up my sense of humour and go pro. :lol::lol:......it would be like.....Oh MY God...he shoots dead things. :lol::lol:
I have killed a lot of people on screen too, and keep them in my crawlspace....

Sorry....back to my crypt. :er:

I would agree that `mommy alerts` should be the deciding factor. If you are not comfortable with the photographer...don`t use him.
However I don`t think that just because a photographer does boudoir photos as well as child photos makes him a bad guy. He`s obviously not trying to hide it.

If you aren't comfortable with it - move on :) You are the only who can judge as you are the only one out of us to see the images (just as a side note, thanks for not posting his website link, that makes things messy if they can track back). Obviously, everyone 'interprets' boudoirish images a little bit different then others and it is only one to judge whether it edges on art or well.. you know. It seems like you interpreted one way and I would stick with your gut on that one.

Ha! That's funny, hey no hooking up on my thread!

I don't see the link between having sex with adults and teaching children.:er:

I'm going with the "mommy alert" and I'll find another photographer.

Thank you for your feedback.

Fair enough, you should use who you feel most comfortable with. But in the photographers credit at least he's not hiding anything - as someone else said.

And as John said, my point was that the others persons comment was rather inane.

And Christie, just view into my webcam like normal and you'll get your answer. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back