Contemporary Senior Girl

Tally Ho said:
I have never either said or implied that my way is the only way. Some however may read into my detailed descriptions that I am saying this is the only way, perhaps because of preconceived notions. I cannot control how my postings are read on the other end, only the reader can. The written word tends to be 'harsher' than the spoken word and I have discovered is frequently read that exact way, especially on the 'net.

I have in the past attempted to show that this particular method, pose, lighting diagram or whatever is ONE tried and true way that has worked for me and for others. In the future I will refrain from giving any details as to how I lit or posed any of my images, that way I cannot offend any others here and we can be one big happy family.

Tally Ho
It is not the detailed descriptions that people have a problem with - it is the pompous way you hand them down as if they are great truths.
They are just one approach - and a very restrictive one at that.
And if you refrain from giving details, no matter. The photographers here can figure it out - your lighting method is quite basic after all.

And of course you can control how your postings are read. It's all in the writing.

Hertz van Rental said:
The photographers here can figure it out - your lighting method is quite basic after all.

And of course you can control how your postings are read. It's all in the writing.

Yup, basic. If it sells, then I'm happy.

Tally Ho

Hello,

My first time in this Portrait & Wedding Photography forum.

Just curious, Tally, can you show me one master portrait that in your opinion best illustrates the lightning method as you suggested? Thanks.

Tally Ho said:
Yup, basic. If it sells, then I'm happy.

Tally Ho

I think we all know that money doesn't buy happiness. And it certainly won't by you respect. Why don't you go out and break a few rules? Take a photo just for the giggle of it? Help someone just starting out by pointing out what is good in their photo and then give a kind suggestion on how they might be able to make it even better, and then watch them grow. Maybe you could just throw away your rules for a while, and look at something completely different and find the beauty, or humor, or creativity in it. Finding humility is what's gonna bring you happiness.
Ok, I've gotta light some incense now, and put on some bell bottom pants. Look what you have done to me!:flower:

Cindy, do you know if they make those pants in maternity style? If so, I'm right there with you :thumbsup:

Hmmm Alison, I think they must! For sure one of those big flowing shirts with the big sleeves. Hell, throw some leather fringe in there and beads just for good measure. Just don't go donning any of those damn lace up clogs or platform heals for Chriminy! You have to be careful!:hug::
Come on over to my place and we will put on some Zeplin and fire one up. Ok, just music.:lol: I think my inner twenty year old took over there for a moment!!!!

elsaspet said:
Ok, I've gotta light some incense now, and put on some bell bottom pants. Look what you have done to me!:flower:
I've got the sandalwood fired up already. A little George Harrison and we're set, babe.
biglaugh.gif

terri said:
I've got the sandalwood fired up already. A little George Harrison and we're set, babe.
biglaugh.gif

Sandalwood was exactly what the occasion is calling for Terri! I'm even going to put on some of my Patchouli oil I am so fond of wearing. But the music, now there is where we differ. This is definately a Tull moment! :headbang:

elsaspet said:
Sandalwood was exactly what the occasion is calling for Terri! I'm even going to put on some of my Patchouli oil I am so fond of wearing. But the music, now there is where we differ. This is definately a Tull moment! :headbang:
Hey girl, I like "Cross Eyed Mary" as much as the next old hippy. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back