Contrast: one for C&C

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love contrast but someone said I use it too heavily. How is the contrast in this? I think this a good amount of contrast not too much and not too little. I just need a good example and so I can know what to work off of in the future.

5704735461_2a4e0a3be9_z.jpg

It might be slightly too much IMHO. Also, the color looks a little cool. Adorable baby!

Isn't this supposed to be in the professional forum as it seems you have paying clients?

As far as the contrast is concern I don't think it's over done. It's quite nice actually.

Isn't this supposed to be in the professional forum as it seems you have paying clients?

As far as the contrast is concern I don't think it's over done. It's quite nice actually.

Tell that to all the other pros that post here. This forum seems to be the catch all forum. I think people post here because a lot more people view it and therefore C&C's will get responded to.

Contrast looks OK to me

Tell that to all the other pros that post here. This forum seems to be the catch all forum. I think people post here because a lot more people view it and therefore C&C's will get responded to.

So your saying you're a "Pro" who's asking a whole gamut of user's in this forum including beginners to CC your work? Good luck with that.

I rest my case...

More responses don't always mean better responses.

The contrast in this shot is fine to me. However, depending on what you're shooting you're going to want different amounts of contrast anyways (lots of contrast for landscapes, less contrast for high-key shots and some portraits, etc.). Just watch your histogram and make sure you're not pushing the highlights and shadows more towards the edge than your comfortable with.

So your saying you're a "Pro" who's asking a whole gamut of user's in this forum including beginners to CC your work? Good luck with that.

I rest my case...

I believe it was you who said she was a "pro".

haha, "I rest my case..." Well good for you. We all feel better now that you did that.

p!nK

Contrast looks good to me, its a great shot. Only thing that bugs me is the handle we can see on this side of baby. I would have tried for no hardware or both for symmetry.

I like the image very sharp and the green bucket is very nice – the floor to bucket I like as well, but the back wall and floor don’t match – the rustic look of the floor and the brand new stark white base board and patterned wall don’t go together. A barn wall look would have been a better choice IMO.

Contrast seems fine... but I might have given it more contrast. :)

mwcfarms is likely rolling her eyes now.

I'm contrast whore. :lol:

Contrast choice is a style decision, and it will vary from image to image. Don't let people tell you what your style is. Decide for yourself. That said, I imagine a ton of contrast on a baby might be a little odd for the average viewer. Dunno.

Nice image...agreed with the handle comment.

Contrast seems fine... but I might have given it more contrast. :)

mwcfarms is likely rolling her eyes now.

I'm contrast whore. :lol:

Contrast choice is a style decision, and it will vary from image to image. Don't let people tell you what your style is. Decide for yourself. That said, I imagine a ton of contrast on a baby might be a little odd for the average viewer. Dunno.

Lol when I was judging contrast I immediately thought of you Manaheim and our debates over contrast and sharpening. I did indeed give a partial eye roll but I did wonder as well since I know how you love to push the contrast.

Most reactions

Back