Cool Find at Goodwill - Will it work?

Don't bother using it on camera.

Do what you can to get it on a lightstand.

I suppose I need to get a lightstand/tripod then. But I'll also experiment with what I can do on-camera.

Thanks!

It doesn't swivel or bend or turn at all, does it? Probably too weak to me much use bounced anyways.

Yeah, no swiveling or bending, and as far as I can tell it's not much stronger than my pop up flash. But if I do get a light stand it can at least give me some different direction, but I'm thinking way too weak for bouncing.

Yeah, no swiveling or bending, and as far as I can tell it's not much stronger than my pop up flash. But if I do get a light stand it can at least give me some different direction, but I'm thinking way too weak for bouncing.

Maybe you missed the link that Overread was kind enough to post.. If you follow it, you will see your little $5 flash has a 155-215 Volt load. They recommend not to use it with today's cameras... just saying

Maybe you missed the link that Overread was kind enough to post.. If you follow it, you will see your little $5 flash has a 155-215 Volt load. They recommend not to use it with today's cameras... just saying

Yeah, and my Nikon is rated up to 250 volt load. Your point?

Most reactions

Back