Adour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ljandclare.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again all,

After seeing something similar the other day, I thought I woud have a go at one of these. All comments appreciated.

The complete image is 17" x 7"

3042508714_50e53dfddc_b.jpg

Last edited:
My only suggestion would be to take the photos tilting the camera at all different angles so that the edges of the photos don't "line up" so much.

now blend the layer on photoshop and crop out the edges , nice one btw

Thanks for the comments,

The project turned out bigger than I was expecting for a first go, but i agree with you re: the edges.

The camera was set to manual, 1/500 / f11 / ISO200. I am not sure what you have seen to make you think it was done in auto?
[Edit] looks like the camera was auto ISO although I had thought I had turned it off... will have to revisit settings next time ISO varies by from 200-320 for most but some jump to 1000, am dissapointed now although my eye didn't notice but I guess you have picked up on it.

I have a blended version but this was an attempt at this specific syle, where the images are not belnded.

Adour

Last edited:
Good try, after reading the other thread and looking at examples, I would say that this firstly works better when the camera is turned from shot to shot as was pointed out, and for a less linear subject. As it is, it looks slightly like you were trying to create a normal panorama but didn't do a great job with the transitions.

Maybe it's a cumb question at this point, but how the heck do you do that? Is it a feature of PhotoShop CS3?

I got the idea from a post on this forum and then followed the links for research,

I will give you what I have:

http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/panographies/

is a good place to start. Basically take all your photos then use Photoshop to reduce the opacity to 50% and move the images as required.

I will try another one with another subject soon and post here.

Adour

Thanks for the comments,

The project turned out bigger than I was expecting for a first go, but i agree with you re: the edges.

The camera was set to manual, 1/500 / f11 / ISO200. I am not sure what you have seen to make you think it was done in auto?
[Edit] looks like the camera was auto ISO although I had thought I had turned it off... will have to revisit settings next time ISO varies by from 200-320 for most but some jump to 1000, am dissapointed now although my eye didn't notice but I guess you have picked up on it.

I have a blended version but this was an attempt at this specific syle, where the images are not belnded.

Adour
There seems to be differences in the exposure of some of the images, which is what I would expect if the camera was set to 'Auto'. An inadvertant setting of 'Auto' on the ISO would explain it.

I have added the more traditional panorama below, still waiting for enough time away from work to try another panography, but will post it as soon as it is ready. In the mean time; Coronado Bridge:

3047305276_6fcbb894df_b.jpg

Adour

Most reactions

New Topics

Back