Country Girl

bbuttry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mmkgraphics.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a picture I took. I had to find all the props but I think it turned out well. I'm wondering if there would be much of a demand among mothers for this type of portraits. Does anyone else sale much in this type of work?

CountryGirl2_LoRes.jpg

That is an amazing portrait. It looks like a painting! I can imagine there would be a big demand for pictures like that.

Wow thats great!

How did you do it?

It's a virtual oil technique that I teach. It's done all in Photoshop and doesn't require color theory knowledge or artistic abilities. Does the overall composition look alright?

I think especially for the purpose of looking like an oil painting the composition is very nice. I look forward to seeing more from you.

It's a beautiful way of turning pics into 'paintings'. I'm sure you'll find lots of people wanting to buy these.
As for this one: it feels a bit color heavy on the left. The girl and the rooster are what grab the attention, which leaves the right side a bit 'dead'. Hope this makes sense.

pascal

It's a beautiful way of turning pics into 'paintings'. I'm sure you'll find lots of people wanting to buy these.
As for this one: it feels a bit color heavy on the left. The girl and the rooster are what grab the attention, which leaves the right side a bit 'dead'. Hope this makes sense.

pascal

I see what you're saying. Perhaps I could flip the rooster???

I agree that the it's a little left heavy...but not overly. Also, her left arm & hand are in an awkward position...if you are going to re-shoot, watch for that.

Otherwise, it's a fantastic looking portrait. I can certainly see a market for something like this.

Here's another one I recently converted to a Virtual Oil print.

Grandma_100k.jpg

I am afraid I would not like it as an oil painting, and therefore I do not like it as a virtual oil painting either.

But this is just because I do not like that kind of style for portraits, and this not meant offensive but only my personal taste. Technically speaking your technique seems to work very nicely.

And I am sure there would be demand for this from parents and even more from grandparents ... :) .. e.g. people whose living rooms fit the style of the image.

BTW, I like the second image way better ... still it would not fit my place, but i like it in a way since it is not so cluttered with props and symbols but concentrates on the person.

Most reactions

Back