Couple of flower macro

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing around with my 70mm macro a little tonight and came up w/ this. Not quite what I was looking for, but in the ballpark. I'd love some suggestions for improvement and critique/comments.

IMGP8124web.jpg

IMGP8139web.jpg

Im no expert, but I really enjoyed your photos! Especially the fist one.

The 1st one is amazing!, i love it. great job. I love the fact that the dof puts the rose out of focus, yet.. you have a strong image of what is back there just by lookin at the detail in the water droplets. Beautiful work.

The 1st one is amazing!, i love it. great job. I love the fact that the dof puts the rose out of focus, yet.. you have a strong image of what is back there just by lookin at the detail in the water droplets. Beautiful work.
+1 on that....flowers are one of my fav things to shoot! You did a very good job...:thumbup:

I like them both for different reasons.
I like the concept of #1, an un-natural arrangement that looks...natural...doe's that make sense.
I like #2 for the technically superior reflection, though the composition is nice, its less interesting.
Improvement ? they're both tidy, probably an as sharp a reflection of the red Flower? in the three droplets, as is recorded in the yellow flower image.
Maybe the leaf/stem could be more definative in #1 aswell.
Heck, sometimes you have to be harsh to see a way to improve, thats gotta be complimentry:grumpy:

These are great start and I do like them, but I wish they had just a little less noise and slightly sharper. I'm by no means an expert, so this is just an opinion. The thing with macro work is everything is so close that you sharpness is critcal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back