Couple of hockey photos

karissa said:
Man... I don't even see the problems with that first one you did that you talk about. :( Hmm.... I need to work on my eye I guess. :?

hes got a bit too much contrast. The whites on him are a lot whiter than the rest of the photo. Not much, but just a tad. Im the most harsh and most picky critic ever if I get the chance. :twisted:

graigdavis said:
karissa said:
Man... I don't even see the problems with that first one you did that you talk about. :( Hmm.... I need to work on my eye I guess. :?

hes got a bit too much contrast. The whites on him are a lot whiter than the rest of the photo. Not much, but just a tad. Im the most harsh and most picky critic ever if I get the chance. :twisted:

I noticed.... But that is one of the reasons I respect your comments. You are one of those people that I look forward to hearing from when I post pictures for critique.

Hi.
I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist giving this a try myself.
Here's my result:
255Hockey-Shot.jpg

If you want, I can email you the .PSD file.

:? I think it's to bright now.... you seemed to have lost some of the detail. Great try though... better than I would have done.

Interesting! On one hand I think it's a bit too bright, but on the other hand now it seems to have kind of an old fashioned, overflashed, newspaper sort of look to it. I kind of like it the more I look at it. :D

That's the thing I like about the way I do these things. Every adjustment has its own layer, so if you want to tone down the effect, just adjust that layer's opacity.

That photo is 5 layers: base photo, lightened foreground, darkened background, contrast mask, and a curves adjustment layer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back