Couple Shots From Today...CC?

pthrift

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The last two are very nice; the third in particular, and I think both have great potential as monochromes.

The last two are very nice; the third in particular, and I think both have great potential as monochromes.

Thanks. I actually tried to remove color a couple different ways in post processing, but they ended up too washed out and I lost most all of the details, especially in the grass in the forground

There are some nice new people here ;)

What have you done with the sky on 1,3 and 4? Now undone it

#1 I think I'm seeing halos around the tree on the right. I'm trying to say in english what I want to say but just don't know proper words. Use ruler tool in PS and straighten the car, that will produce a new, balanced crop... do that and I hope it will be clearer to you what I wanted to say
#2 the car should be bigger in the frame

The last two, I would re-frame them. You have almost evenly distributed parts of foreground, the sky and barns. Decide what do you want to show and make that part bigger in the frame.

The sky in 1,3 &4 are all results from photomatix processing for tonemapping.

#1 the halo is definitely an issue with photomatix..its the lighting style I used. I didn't notice it when I did it on that image.

2. noted.

As for reframing the last two, the last shot is essentially a close up, I'm not sure I ubderstand how exactly to reframe it to highlight the barn itself & eliminate a little of the fore and background.

I do appreciate the comments however and will try to rework them a little later on today

In the full size image of #2, I think the Jeep fills enough of the frame. And, I like the contrast of the white against the colourful background. The composition is nice too. What I don't like are the powerlines.

Power lines. The bane of my off road image existence; lol. I just can't easily escape civilization.

I thought about removing them in post but hoped they got lost in the colors of the background.

Apparently not?

Most reactions

Back