Couples portrait

Minhja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My second couple's shoot. Please help me see the good aspects of the photos and also areas for improvements. Thanks in advance.
1) $Aric_Leah_Grass_04_Portfolio.jpg 2) $Aric_Leah_Grass_02_Portfolio.jpg 3) $Aric_Leah_Sitting_01_Portfolio.jpg

Welcome to TPF! Comments per req: The good areas: Nice expressions, happy couple, relaxed, "real" poses and good lighting (albeit a bit flat). The areas for improvement? The main one is in your composition/crops. Lots of cropped "bits", missing fingers, lateral limb crops, etc. It's fine to crop limbs if you have to, but always do it boldly, never at/near a joint, and NEVER crop a limb laterally.

Welcome to TPF! Comments per req: The good areas: Nice expressions, happy couple, relaxed, "real" poses and good lighting (albeit a bit flat). The areas for improvement? The main one is in your composition/crops. Lots of cropped "bits", missing fingers, lateral limb crops, etc. It's fine to crop limbs if you have to, but always do it boldly, never at/near a joint, and NEVER crop a limb laterally.

Thanks for the tips! Are there any resources you know of that could teach me more about cropping?

They're clean, clear and well exposed. Back up a little and leave some room so you don't get as much distortion on the subjects.
The first one-never have body parts coming toward the camera. It makes them HUGE in relation to the other body parts. She has a HUGE knee.
You have awesome expressions in these. Truly fun images that capture a personality so well!

They're clean, clear and well exposed. Back up a little and leave some room so you don't get as much distortion on the subjects.
The first one-never have body parts coming toward the camera. It makes them HUGE in relation to the other body parts. She has a HUGE knee.
You have awesome expressions in these. Truly fun images that capture a personality so well!

Thanks for the advice MLeek. For the first pic, how would you advise me to position them in a similar pose without the body parts pointing at the camera? Maybe an example pic? Thanks, I just want to see where I can improve and make those improvements for the future.

Much appreciated

Most reactions

New Topics

Back