Critique: Color, Softness/Sharpness

JustAMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am always open to an overal critique and advice on how to improve or new techniques to try. For this photo I mostly concerned with the Color and Sharpness and Softeness. I feel it looks a little grainier then usual. I use flash as its easiest for me to photograph indoors... but seem to often end up with "washed out" pictures from the flash. (advice on fixing that greatly appreciated)

I like this one. She's very soft and "glowing" which is a good thing for a baby. My only thing is the backgroun is underexposed with the flash. I did give advice on how to possibly fix this problem in the other thread, but you could fix this picture in photoshop by creating a layer, cutting the baby, copy and paste the layer right square over the original and increase the contrast of the original. If you paste the layer over the original you won't be able to see the baby in the original, just the cut layer. Meaning, you can up the brightness of the photo without touching the brightness of the baby.

I know it says "do NOT edit", but I could show you what I mean if you'd like...

I think you should either show all of the head, or crop out the rest of the bow that is coming down in the center. It's tough to get a good shot with flash sometimes, and this is one of those times. Not a bad shot, but not a great one either. The colors are pretty good though.

you can show me what you mean weaving :)

I love the foreground. Seriously, that is a nice aspect of the picture. The background though, weakens the shot for me. Its really distracting.

you can show me what you mean weaving :)

Can you post the picture without your sig on it? I can remove it in photoshop, but it'll take forever and it'll look weird if I don't take it off because of the layers. You can PM it to me if you'd like or post it...if you still want me to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back