Critique on my logo design

I agree about the professionnal logo, but I still played with it a bit.

$wallace photo.jpg

For the same reasons people recommend using a professional photographer for business advertising and promotional imagery, it is best to use a professional graphic artist to make a logo.

In fact, logo design is a sub-specialty within the professional graphic arts community.

Fed-Ex looked at 100+ logo designs before choosing the one they now use that has the hidden, or subliminal element between the E and the x.
Fedex Logo - Design and History
Logo Design Blog >> Logo Designer and Consumer Resource Portal

Call a graphic design college and see if they'll do work at an economical rate. Your logo is going to say a lot about you and "cheaply done at home" is probably not what you want to be saying.

That's how Nike got their Swoosh logo (for $35, 1971 dollars) - Swoosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Davidson submitted a bill for US$35 for her work. In September 1983, Knight gave Davidson a golden Swoosh ring with an embedded diamond, and an envelope filled with an undisclosed amount of Nike stock to express his gratitude

Font-font-font! Font says a lot about you and your business. I'm a graphic design font nerd so my first thought was a quote that I saw online which was "Ariel, for when you just don't give a damn." Although I'm not positive that is Ariel, it is a very blocky san serif that is just boring. So... answer me this....
Describe your business attitude or style, for example are you modern, or more elegant or are you fun and sassy. The answer to this question will help you find a font to suit. Maybe I can work something up if you answer that question for me. :)

Also I think if you are a photographer and not a photo store, it should be Wallace Photography and not Wallace Photo. When I see "photo" I think-- here is a guy who will process film and sell me filters. Not--Here's a guy who will make me look great for my senior portraits. Language is kind of a big deal when you have to present yourself in print and not in "real life" conversation.

+1 MS Paint
+1 Looks like a business that went out of business 25 years ago.

I suggest you think either much much cleaner and sleeker (as in, using precision rulers in real life or photoshop for every line and minimalism rather than campyness), OR floral types of filigreed calligraphy sort of look, if you want a modern basic photography logo.

Do a search on line for word brushes, stamps or logos. You can find some nice ones and be more creative it.

Contact a professional.

Call a graphic design college and see if they'll do work at an economical rate.
And remember, like photography, you get what you pay for.

$wallace.jpg
Copyright runnaCORP, llc, inc.

Most reactions

Back