Critique on tonights photoshoot?

ccssk8ter11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i got a pretty cool opportunity for a photoshoot tonight, a friend of mine has been dating the lead vocalist of a pretty big band and they were home for a week before leaving on their europe tour and she called and asked if i could take pictures of them together before they leave. I haven't had TONS of experience with portraits but i figured i would give it a shot, (I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot a celebrity lol)

I was extremely pleased with how the shots turned out and they both loved them, Here is a few of my favorites (I will post some more later). I would love to hear any comments or advice you have on them! Thanks for looking :D

Oh and for anyone who cares, the band is called brokencyde, their myspace page is: BrokeNCYDE!!! [NEW album out in JUNE] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Not really my favorite style of music but still a cool opportunity!

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0118-3.jpg

DSC_0123-1.jpg

hey! i like where you were going with these, but in the future would like to see at least one where both of their faces are clear. i really think the girl is probably the more attractive of the two and would like to see her face. you might also look into getting a warming gel for your speedlight . . . and seeing what you can do with that, you might check out Dave Black Photography - Sports Photography Worldwide and see what he's been doing with his speedlights. and strobist. otherwise good job!

hey! i like where you were going with these, but in the future would like to see at least one where both of their faces are clear. i really think the girl is probably the more attractive of the two and would like to see her face. you might also look into getting a warming gel for your speedlight . . . and seeing what you can do with that, you might check out Dave Black Photography - Sports Photography Worldwide and see what he's been doing with his speedlights. and strobist. otherwise good job!

Thanks! and i have a few more with both their faces ill have to post more up later. I actually have some warmer gels i didn't even think to try that! I'll have to try it next time.

That was my first impression as well. In all these shots, the girls face is either hidden or in shadow. I would like to see the girls face lit up at least as well as the man's...probably more.

if i was going to shoot a member of Brokencyde it would not involve my camera.
hehe, kidding aside, some nice light and stuff but yeah having her facing you well on his back would have been nice.

if i was going to shoot a member of Brokencyde it would not involve my camera.
hehe, kidding aside, some nice light and stuff but yeah having her facing you well on his back would have been nice.

rofl! Thats how i felt at first, he was actually a super cool guy though i was suprised.

I like this one you posted last better. the light is better and seeing her full, pretty face. Maybe a reflector on the shade side to open it up just a bit.

Get in closer... filling a good part of the frame with their heads / upper bodies.
I love the area you chose to shoot in, but I find too much of the background and not enough of the main subject in your images.

Get in closer... filling a good part of the frame with their heads / upper bodies.
I love the area you chose to shoot in, but I find too much of the background and not enough of the main subject in your images.

Yeah i kind of noticed that too. I will try to fix it next time.
Im uploading a few more right now, i will post them in a second.

Most reactions

Back