Critique please.

Shark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eteamz.com
Ok, lay it on me. Hit me with your best shot. What's wrong with it? What's good about it? Is there anything wrong with it? Is there anything good about it? I like it, but many times I can't be objective about my own work. Thanks to everybody.

IMG_2103.jpg

For one, I don't like the expression on her face. It looks like she was in the middle of talking. Second, I would like to see more of her face. The hat comes down a little too low. Other than that, great picture!

I would have to say there is no connection with the subject because she is looking away and her eye is covered by the hat. I think the hat is distracting and the expression on her face is not flattering.

Good I would say on my computer the colors are nice and it had good sharpness. The subject is separated from the background. I think the exposure is good also.

It looks good technically( colour, sharpness) but i wouldn't know it was taken during a baseball game. I think candids should explain the situation not make us guess. Wider angle would show some background which would have helped in conveying the information.

It looks like a candid shot, a good one to my taste.
I don't mind the low hat. It accentuates her concentration
elsewhere.

I like the composition and the color composition.

What bothers me are the 2 "out of order" eye lashes on the
white in her left eye, and even more so the angled eyelash
on the white in her right eye.

I'd like to see the lower part of the earing dimmed a bit.

Very nice shot.

Well the firsst thing that came to mind was... is that a man? Then trying to figure out if it was. Candid's are great, seriously, I love them more than studios. But waiting for the moment is equally as important as getting the other things right (which you seem to do, color and sharpness etc are all good).

Yikes.

Focus is off.
Too much hat.
Terrible facial expression.
No retouch.
Poor makeup.
Bad wardrobe.
Poor positioning and jewelry placement.
No hair detail.
Dreadful background.

But on the upside, you managed to successfully depress the shutter button.

Alpha, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel :p

Why don't you ask the original poster whether or not they want to be told how I really feel. Oh, wait. They did: "lay it on me. hit me with your best shot."

It's not your place to butt in.

I like it alot. Now, the eyelash thing - I thought was being a bit picky - holy crap an out of place eyelash! But then, looking at it again, you could almost think it's something on the lens.

However, it's not like you can go up and say " hey, i don't know you but i'm taking some pics of you that you don't know about and....i mean....if you don't mind...could you do something about those whacky eyelashes of yours?"

:)

I think it's a nice shot, overall. eyelash or not.

Why don't you ask the original poster whether or not they want to be told how I really feel. Oh, wait. They did: "lay it on me. hit me with your best shot."

It's not your place to butt in.

Oh my goodness you are a grumpy guss :hug:: love love love

Oh my goodness you are a grumpy guss :hug:: love love love

If you weren't implying that I said something inappropriate then I apologize. I'm accustomed to needless harassment from self-proclaimed white knights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back