What's new

Critique?

I see what your saying with the hand, but she is 10 months..and doesnt have the best understanding of how I want her to pose lol.
I was just pleased to get her to hang out and not want to crawl around and explore.

For the insane amounts of georgia sun (at around 5PM) what would you all recommend? Just waiting until it gets darker out?
 
I see what your saying with the hand, but she is 10 months..and doesnt have the best understanding of how I want her to pose lol.
I was just pleased to get her to hang out and not want to crawl around and explore.

For the insane amounts of georgia sun (at around 5PM) what would you all recommend? Just waiting until it gets darker out?

One of the best skills a photographer can have is to be able to look at shadows and see the effect that they create.

Harsh sunlight creates very hard edged shadows. You can hold your hand up or look at anything and SEE the hard edges. When the light gets lower in the sky, or it's overcast/cloudy, you'll see less definition in the shadows as well as softer (less dark) shadows. This is pretty ideal for shooting outdoors. You can also try backlighting your subjects to prevent raccoon eyes.
 
I see what your saying with the hand, but she is 10 months..and doesnt have the best understanding of how I want her to pose lol.
I was just pleased to get her to hang out and not want to crawl around and explore.

For the insane amounts of georgia sun (at around 5PM) what would you all recommend? Just waiting until it gets darker out?

I meant the wedding shot sorry :/ I didn't really specify
 
Yeah def work on cropping! Use the rule of thirds. Take the photo divide it in thirds. Place the subject in any one of the 3 areas.

Sorry, this is not the meaning of 'rule of thirds'

Do a web search for it.
Will do I must have been missed informed thanks for pointing that out!
 
So just avoid the extreme sun lit shooting all together?
Or find a more shaded area I guess could be an alternative.
 
So just avoid the extreme sun lit shooting all together?
Or find a more shaded area I guess could be an alternative.

Avoid harsh sunlight and learn to see shadows. Shooting in shade is a good alternative.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom