What's new

Critique?

I think the idea is valid, but I find the execution lacking - her finger placement makes it look like she has a death-grip on the boquet, the ring is turned slightly, and the perspective makes her arm look as big as Mike Tyson's! I would also touch up the small red mark at the base of her index finger.
 
Thank ya sir.
Her arm may be as big as Tyson's (lol)

This was shot about a year ago before I became thoroughly interested.
It was shot with a mediocre cannon superzoom.
 
I generally like these but find the colors a bit oversaturated.
 
The last one looks too cropped, like it brings the viewer in too close (her hand doesn't look sharply in focus, I'm not sure exactly where the camera was focused). I agree with others that the backgrounds need to be more clean - this one has a dark shape below the yellow flower to the left but I can't make it out so it just seems distracting. Try moving your eye around the viewfinder/viewscreen and make sure everything in that rectangle is what you want in the photo. If not, try changing your vantage point and/or how you're framing the shot.

To me the photo that was brightened looks better but the pictures overall seem like maybe the exposure was off or they might be somewhat too processed, they seem to have a somewhat artificial look. These don't look like professional quality portraits but more like pictures someone took of their family; you seem to still be learning basic skills like how to frame shots so I don't see being able to take on clients quite yet.

In a few months' time I don't know that a photographer would have developed skills yet to do professional quality work; I wonder if friends are asking about you doing photos for them in an effort to be supportive - and you might have skills with a camera that they don't have themselves. It might be better to let friends know you appreciate their support and it's something you'll keep in mind for later on when you've done your 'homework' in improving your work and in setting up your business. The easy part is making up a name/logo and sticking it on your photos, that's not what makes for quality or professional work.
 
These don't look like professional quality portraits but more like pictures someone took of their family; you seem to still be learning basic skills like how to frame shots so I don't see being able to take on clients quite yet.
+1 at least.

If you can't look at these and recognize the really obvious problems with composition, color and processing, you certainly are not ready to get clients.
 
Id like to build a TJ.. But im still young, and broke.
Thats a pic of my fiance and our daughter :D

Between full time school (working on my bachelor's in computer science), full time work (IT Tech), planning a wedding, taking care of baby, building my Jeep, moderating cherokeeforum.com..and now photography.

Im becoming addicted to the photography thing.

I too lime the Jeep shot, could be in a jeep mag for sure. Not too distracting with the surroundings, no ones face reflected in the glass. Nice. Doesn't hurt I that I am a Jeeper too, in the middle of a restoration of a 1966 CJ-6. I think I visited your jeep forum a few times too.

I will pile on as it relates to background too. I think we get focused on the subject and don't take minute and look at the rest of the frame. It's the difference in a photographer and a photo taker. We all want to be the former, I am currently the later too often.

Troy
 
Again..as stated.

I didn't stage these as I was a pro. These aren't something I worked on composition to make them "professional".
I'm not trying to be a professional at the moment.

Just trying to produce pictures that are better than average joe.
 
Grand Cherokee here in line six 157,000K No oil burner or leaker.Not exactly the same looking but still goes through all the deep snow in 4X4. One downside is No trail hitch with my own gas station on the back.
 
Few more of the little one, thoughts on them:



 
The crop thing is something I need to work on. I never see it as an issue until someone points it out.
Any suggestions to fight the light?
These were shot at ISO 100, F/10 1/125
 
Her hand is not natural looking. Next time try and make it look more relaxed. And I would have used a healing tool on her hand as well. I would have zoomed out just a little.Other than that great shot.
 
Yeah def work on croping! Use the rule of thirds. Take the photo divide it in thirds. Place the subject in any one of the 3 areas.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom