Custom and Excise tax on DigitalRev 7D?

Taylor510ce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone ever order from DigitalRev on ebay? I am buying a camera and trying to figure out what the import tax would be. It says I will be responsible. Any ideas?

While I love their videos and articles, I've never actually bought from them. Is there any particular reason to buy from them and not Adorama or B&H? There has never been any tax (only shipping) on all my orders through Adorama shipping to me in California.

Because I can pick up the 7D body for $1399 with free express shipping. There is fine print saying I am responsible for any import taxes, but customs doesn't always check every package. Most people I looked up said they never got charged anything extra. However, I am trying to find an actual worse case scenario so I know if its better just to spend a little more.

Hey guys first post here, whew!
Anyways, wouldn't import and custom taxes be for international buyers, say for going into Canada?

No, you are importing from hong kong. If customs checks that shipment, you will get charged, chances are that they wont. They cant check every shipping container.

I never went with them. Heard they sometimes give funky power plugs not for U.S.. read the ebay reviwws. I went with a place that got me one for like 1450 body only, authorized seller.full warranty.

oh my fault for not looking into to much, thought it was from the US

Their website's prices include the tax already, but not sure their ebay. You can consider to get it off from their website instead.

You should try to get them send you those plug converters with your order. Those actually doesn't cost much....

There was no charge for customs, and they did supply a plug converter, and the battery charged fine. However, the 7d was DOA. Their phone number on their website seems bogus, it rings twice, then theres a busy signal. I've filed claims with ebay and paypal. US sellers from here on out.

There was no charge for customs, and they did supply a plug converter, and the battery charged fine. However, the 7d was DOA. Their phone number on their website seems bogus, it rings twice, then theres a busy signal. I've filed claims with ebay and paypal. US sellers from here on out.

Did you get your money back?

Did you get your money back?

Not yet. Apparently, they only have one line into their call center for the U.S. number, but when you do get someone on the line, they're pretty nice and helpful. They just got the camera yesterday, so they said they should refund today. We'll see.

Oh, and I ended up getting my 7d from adorama in the mail yesterday, and that is one slick piece of machinery.... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back