CUTEST baby girl! CC please :)

bostoncowgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here's some photos from the quick "photo shoot" we had at a family party yesterday. I recently bought a new flash, so Im still trying to figure out how to use it haha. Any suggestions and CC is welcome!!

Hope you like them! SUCH a cute baby!!

1. $IMG_97691.jpg
2. $IMG_9767.jpg
3. $IMG_9770.jpg
4. $IMG_9879.jpg

Welcome to Strobox - Create, Share, Learn

Check that out for lighting info as well.

And if you haven't already, grab a stand, umbrella, and adapter. And some cheap triggers. This will make your lighting life SOO much easier.

Stand: STAND8 Adorama 7.5' Chrome Kit Light Stand with 1/4" Screw Thread, 3 Section with 2 Risers. folds to 30½"
Adapter: 781404 Adorama Universal Swivel Holder fits Shoe Mount Flashs
Umbrella: U40BC Adorama 40" White Interior Umbrella with Removable Black Cover.

Trigger: INT492 Interfit Photographic Camera and Studio Flash Remote Radio Trigger Set, 4 Channel.

And then read everything on this website: Strobist

C&C per req:

1. Awkward lighting; her face and chest are in shadow, and there are bright/blown areas behind her. Using a diffused flash on low power would have really improved this shot. The colour/treatment is not one that I find flattering for a child. Watch your backgrounds; the bars/vertical lines are a bit distracting.

2. Pretty much as per #1; be careful in your composition and avoid cropping little bits of limbs such as her fingers. It's fine to crop limbs if you need to, but always do it boldly and never at/near/through a joint and never laterally.

3. Good expression but the eyes look a little over-processed and you HAVE to get the flash off of the camera!

4. A very awkward crop and your DoF is way too shallow; you want both eyes sharply focused, bu her left eye is almost focused, and her right eye is very soft.

Overall, they're not a bad set, but I would suggest some more work with the flash, and learning how to work with it off and on camera. To start, read up on bouncing and diffusing flash, then move to off-camera flash work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

The color effect in #1 I'm not a fan of. I don't like how you cut off limbs, part of the face etc. The lighting is flat ( flash, soft boxes, reflector etc will help ). Very cute baby, I love her beautiful eyes! They seem to be sharp and in focus which is good ( could be wrong I'm on my iPhone ).

Read up on lighting and composition as well check out the links posted in this thread.

Most reactions

Back