D500+ Nikkor AF-I (Vs) D7200+ Tamron 600mm

cgleockler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking into upgrade options and the D500 body with a Nikkor AF-I 600mm has cought my attention. I'm currently using a D7200 with the Tamron 600mm. Do you think this upgrade would yield significantly better results that my current kit? Would the AF-I really produce better results than the AI-s ?
Has anyone had any experiences with any of these pieces?
Thanks so much in advance!

I thought the AF-i mode was the 600mm f/4, and a very heavy lens. The 600/5.6 is an older, MF lens, but built very nicelty, and has the fantastic internal focusing system Nion premiered back in the 400/3.5 days of the mid-1970's. The last 600/5.6 review I saw was by ken Rockwell.

I think the image stabilizer of the Tamron would be useful for a lot of hand-held shooting of landscapes and slow-moving stuff. Not sure of the weight, but an f/4 lens is heavier and larger than an f/5.6 in a 600mm lens.

FOCUS, and I mean dead-on-accurate focus is critical with a 600mm length; the Tamron zoom will deliver that easily, the manual focusing lenses less so.

The AF-I is no longer serviceable, so if it breaks you are SOL...

Not familiar with the lenses, but the D500 is a faster, more robust camera than the D7200, which is still a vdry nice body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back