D600 thoughts?

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning I saw a post in my local Craigslist for a D600 at what seems to be a very good price. I know, I know...if its too good to be true....

But what I was really wondering if anyone had any opinions on the D600 and if there is any significant upgrade in performance from my D3 or D7000?

Thanks

Depends on what aspects of performance are important to you. It's got twice the resolution of the D3, but about 1/4 the build quality... I'd guess ISO performance is similar... Very difficult to compare a newer, consumer-grade body to an older, pro-grade.

Depends on what aspects of performance are important to you. It's got twice the resolution of the D3, but about 1/4 the build quality... I'd guess ISO performance is similar... Very difficult to compare a newer, consumer-grade body to an older, pro-grade.

Thanks for your input.
I would be more concerned with high ISO performance than resolution.

It'll be a huge upgrade in ISO performance over the D3 and D7000. It's still one of the best cost to performance buys you can make. Especially since it comes with a lifetime warranty against oil on the sensor, with a possible free D610 replacement.

Going from the pro-level D3 to an entry-level D600 will give up a few benefits however.

It'll be a huge upgrade in ISO performance over the D3 and D7000. It's still one of the best cost to performance buys you can make. Especially since it comes with a lifetime warranty against oil on the sensor, with a possible free D610 replacement.

Going from the pro-level D3 to an entry-level D600 will give up a few benefits however.

Thanks for your input.

I have the D610 and had a D3 for a short while. The D3 focuses much better. I like the D3 better, but the D610 does the job.

I have the D610 and had a D3 for a short while. The D3 focuses much better. I like the D3 better, but the D610 does the job.

Thanks for the input, that was very informative.

A couple years ago I had purchased Nikon D610. When researching the camera, I had found that the D600 had "dust" issues and the D610 was an upgrade in that regard. The shutter would somehow leak dust and/or oil on to the sensor. Nikon has since tried to fix that defect, regardless of whether the camera is under warranty or not. If anything, it might be good to ask the seller if they've had such issues and/or if those were fixed by Nikon. I had loved the D610 that I had, it was a very nice consumer grade full frame camera!

Nikon has since tried to fix that defect, regardless of whether the camera is under warranty or not. If anything, it might be good to ask the seller if they've had such issues and/or if those were fixed by Nikon.

you WANT it to have the issue.

Nikon will replace the shutter for free .

Had it previously been fixed, and it started slinging oil again, they will replace the camera with a D610 [or newer if it ever gets replaced]. Ask me how I'm shooting a D610 when I orginally purchased a used D600....

The D610 is just a re-branded D600 to distance itself from the oil problem they solved. Nikon got MUCH better about their issues after this debacle. Too bad they never fixed the D7000 and D800 back-focusing issues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back