D7000 Price hike?

JDawggie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All -- I am looking to upgrade from my D3100 to a bigger-bodied (D90, D5100 or D7000 --I find the 3100 body to be too small in my hands). I am leaning toward the D7000, but when I started to look online, the body-only was selling selling for upwards of $1299 and higher versus the ~$1099 earlier this year!! :er: Does anyone have any up-to-date info about the D7000 price spike? I presume it is due to limited supply (flooding). I am wondering if Nikon is planning to temporarily raise (until inventory is restocked from holidays and flood)? Any info would be much appreciatted.

Many thanks,
Jared

Welcome to the free market economy, where supply and demand effect prices.

You bet the floods have something to do with the price.

Thanks -- Yeah I figured it was the floods.... just wondering when supplies will be back to "norm". I think the Nikon Website has the suggested retail.

I just bought a refurbished d7000 from Ritz camera for $999....but beware, they have the WORST customer service ever. I have never talked to a corporate lady that was as rude as the one I spoke with.

DX camera production has already resumed in a new factory. If you can wait for the post-holiday supplies to be restocked, you won't be price gouged.
Full capacity was expected at the new factory by March 2012.

Great --- sounds like I will need to wait a few months -- Thanks all.

Jared

FFFF...I've been waiting and watching every day on B&H and Amazon for the D7000 kit to be in stock, I don't want to wait till friggin March but I also don't want to pay hundreds of dollars more now. I'm usually patient but after waiting 3 weeks now I want my camera already! :x

i also did, with the 3% off code got it to $969 shipped. considering the d5100 with kit lens used is going for $700 on ebay right now. i figure not a bad upgrade for the price...
I just bought a refurbished d7000 from Ritz camera for $999....but beware, they have the WORST customer service ever. I have never talked to a corporate lady that was as rude as the one I spoke with.

Get a used one. I sold my D7000 for $1000 a while back. I see them for $900 around FL now with low shutter clicks.

You can get a used D90 for around $650...IMO, it's a much better value and would give you some room to buy a flash and a nice lens. For me, the d7000 is just not worth it's hype and it's an upgrade I skipped. I decided the d700 was a better fit and am happy I went that route. In any case, the D90 is still a great camera.

You can get a used D90 for around $650...IMO, it's a much better value and would give you some room to buy a flash and a nice lens. For me, the d7000 is just not worth it's hype and it's an upgrade I skipped. I decided the d700 was a better fit and am happy I went that route. In any case, the D90 is still a great camera.

Agreed. If the only reason (or even just the primary reason) you're upgrading is because you want a beefier body. Go with the D90.

I have my D7000 (little less than 5,000 shutter count) and a Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS HSM on ebay right now. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back