D7000 Price hike?

I spent some time today with a friend of mine who is a hard core professional photographer. When film was king 10 yrs ago he was developing and printing his own color prints for his clients as he wasn't satisfied with any labs. He toted a RB67 with a huge bracket and potato masher for years and was glad to do it. I stopped in today just to shoot the breeze and for him to show off some of his newest stuff. He told me that he had just gone completely digital and had shut down his film processing work. I ask him what he was shooting and he brought out a SLR with a rotating flash bracket having a sb-800 mounted on the top with with a bunch of wires and radio control stuff, an outboard battery pack for the flash, and an option battery and control module attached to the camera. The camera was a magnesium body with double memory cards. I asked him how the print quality was compared to what he had been able to do with his rb67. He said that with photo shop and this new camera it was much better in just about every way, and he makes 5 foot banners. The camera was a Nikon D7000. An entry level camera????

The camera was a Nikon D7000. An entry level camera????

The D7000 is hardly an entry level camera. It's on the NPS list as and accepted pro body (as a back-up only).

http://nikonpro.com/Renewal-NPS-Equipment-List.pdf

This camera is more than many entry level photographers can handle and I think many of the complaints can be written off to user error for this reason.
It's really not a good first camera for most people.

The D7000 is hardly an entry level camera....

It's really not a good first camera for most people.

I really don't see the logic in this statement. Any of the modern digital single lens reflex cameras are as easy to use as any other. They nearly all have program modes, aperture or shutter priority, and manual. Nearly all of them offer variable iso and white balance, regardless if top of the range or cheapest of the offerings.

A D7000 is no harder to use than a D3100. In some ways, the D7000 might even be a better choice for a novice photographer. The focus mechanism is better, the viewfinder is better, it can take older lenses, it will meter with nearly any lense you can manage to mount on it. So what's the problem? How many times have we seen posts on here from photographers wanting to upgrade after only a short time with the base model? Heck why not go to top of the range if can afford it? So you discover you don't like creating images or you would rather have a p$s or mirror-less or bridge instead, you'll be able to resell your 'better than basic' camera pretty quickly and nearly for the purchase price to any of those other beginners who outgrew their entry level box.

Yeah my d5100 lasted about 4 months, and i wanted more features. Dont have money for a big boy fx right now, but the d7000 will be a great backup whenever i do make the jump

The D7000 body only is now available on best buy's website for $1199.99. I am tempted to buy now, but I am a reward zone member and I want triple points on this purchase. I want to put my rewards towards the SB-700. What to do, what to do.....

Nikon - D7000 16.2-Megapixel DSLR Camera - Black - 25468

WTH, I don't understand how BestBuy has them in stock to sell but Amazon nor B&H don't have them yet! ugh... I just bought a slightly used kit on eBay I didn't want to wait till production ramped up.

I just got my referb d7000.

250 shutter count perfect shape and 1 year protection through ritz.

$969. Yall better check ritz online

Most reactions

Back