D7000 vs D3100

Yup, the OP asked for 2 specific bodies where the d7000 is twice the amount of the d3100.
and alot of "quick access" functionality between the two.
It's kinda an odd comparison considering the price structure of each one, and other options out there.

Maybe that's what his local camera shop has in the case at the moment for used cameras?

Yup, the OP asked for 2 specific bodies where the d7000 is twice the amount of the d3100.
It's kinda an odd comparison considering the price structure of each one, and other options out there.

Maybe that's what his local camera shop has in the case at the moment for used cameras?
Could be .. but we haven't heard from the OP since the original post.

Could be .. but we haven't heard from the OP since the original post.

Wouldn't you have made a run for it by now if you were the op? Lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

How do they get what they need if they can't afford it? I'd like a D4s it will meet all my needs but it cost too much for me I'm retired now, so I bought a D610 I could afford that. Sometimes you just can't get what you need !!!!!
I'm unclear what you mean in responding to my post. The OP specifically mentioned the D3100 and the D7000 as the two bodies being considered. So I compared them. Are you arguing that the OP can't afford the D7000?

Unless I have a clearer idea of what you're responding to in my post....
...I can't get no, satisfaction.

Wow guys. Ok, everybody calm down. If you need to just go running for the shelter of a mother's little helper. Remember, it's only Rock and Roll, but I like it. No need to get the Ventilator blues, I mean after all as tears go by she is still a rainbow, right?

With a reply like that, you sound like the "Midnight Rambler." "Gimme Shelter" from this, I'm "Shattered" . But let me try to "Give it One More Shot." The OP could buy a Canon and then take that big ole white lens and "Paint it Black" so it would look like a Nikon.

I'm unclear what you mean in responding to my post. The OP specifically mentioned the D3100 and the D7000 as the two bodies being considered. So I compared them. Are you arguing that the OP can't afford the D7000?

Unless I have a clearer idea of what you're responding to in my post....
...I can't get no, satisfaction.

Wow guys. Ok, everybody calm down. If you need to just go running for the shelter of a mother's little helper. Remember, it's only Rock and Roll, but I like it. No need to get the Ventilator blues, I mean after all as tears go by she is still a rainbow, right?

With a reply like that, you sound like the "Midnight Rambler." "Gimme Shelter" from this, I'm "Shattered" . But let me try to "Give it One More Shot." The OP could buy a Canon and then take that big ole white lens and "Paint it Black" so it would look like a Nikon.

Lol.. consider my chapeau doffed..

Ive had both (D7000 & D3100) firstly ill say its obviously a different ball game between the 2, not even the same park.

The D3100 is a great camera for someone starting out.
The D7000 is awesome I LOVE it, as for the Fine tune AF its a feature not an issue. I know what your saying about people having issues with the AF but I didnt have any, I did have to slightly adjust for some of my lenses but it wasnt hard at all.

Thank you all for taking the time in responding!
I have been reading your input and have also visited my local camera stores. Out of the three stores I went to, only one was very helpful (B&H).
They answered all my questions, and made me come up with new ones. Basically they gave me the same response as the ones posted here.
I am going down the trail of getting a refurbished D7000 just as @robbins.photo suggested. The reps at B&H were very nice and recommended I do so.

Next step now is replacing my lens with new and improved glass. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free ramble on. :)

Cheers!

I have been reading your input and have also visited my local camera stores. Out of the three stores I went to, only one was very helpful (B&H).
They answered all my questions, and made me come up with new ones. Basically they gave me the same response as the ones posted here.
I am going down the trail of getting a refurbished D7000 just as @robbins.photo suggested. The reps at B&H were very nice and recommended I do so.

Next step now is replacing my lens with new and improved glass. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free ramble on. :)

Cheers!
Congrats on your new camera.
As for lenses, it all depends of budget of couse but I think for starters I would recommend getting the Nikon 18-105mm VR as a general use lens, good lens for beginners and even mid experienced users.
For low light shots and portraits get the Nikon 50mm 1.8G, great sharp lens that is very affordable.
If you still have some money left then get the Nikon 70-300mm VR, a wonderful telezoom.

yeah ... I love my d7000. Never a problem what so ever that was not user error.

Lens all dependent upon your budget and any future considerations for FullFrame. but I like the above ^^^ answer for lenses even though I've never owned the 70-300 ( I have a 75-300 AF older but super sharp model and alot cheaper), plus a bunch of other f/2.8 lenses.

Cheers!

A great starter lens is either the Nikon 35mm DX f1.8 or their 50mm f1.4. Let me explain why:

1. A mistake a lot of people with a new body or system make is to go out and acquire a couple of lens that "kinda" do what they want. But they're kit lens, they are slow, aren't great glass and if they're serious about shooting, they end up replacing them in 1-3 years. The two lens I've recommended may not end up being your favorite lens you shoot with. But you'll end up keeping them as long (or longer) than you have your D7000.

2. Both are fast. You can shoot in low light with them. So....if you're shooting indoors and you aren't familiar with speed lights (or don't have any) then they're good lens.

3. Both are prime lens. That means they're very sharp, will (generally speaking) autofocus faster than a zoom lens of a similar focal length (again, I'm generalizing) and will (generally speaking) be sharper than any zoom you're looking at.

4. The 35mm f1.8 (if it's used) can be had for a song and dance and even new is very inexpensive for a new lens. It's also a solid wide angle lens. That's a nice thing to have with interiors or group shots.

5. The 50mm f1.4 will allow you to do some great DoF work. And everyone needs a "nifty fifty" in their bag, even if it's not your preferred lens to shoot with.

6. And then when you get your money saved up, you get a 70-200mm f2.8 zoom.

I've held both of these cams in my hand and i've shot pictures with both of them. My advice is to get the d7000, it is like a high-end crop dslr, it just feels way more premium.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back