D7000 vs D7100

You're in Salt Lake? I'd actually like that! As long as I'm not recording (finishing up a record with one of my bands).

You're in Salt Lake? I'd actually like that! As long as I'm not recording (finishing up a record with one of my bands).
Yup.. (well.. south-west salt lake valley :) )... We have some of the nations highest ranked rugby teams battling it out in our parks each saturday.. My son's team is currently #4 in the nation.

To take this back on topic... There is a (BIG) difference between the D7100 and D7000.. To some people its not as obvious or important as it is to others :D

Lack of AA filter? Meh. Not that important to me.

The AF system from the D4? I had a D7000 since it came out and the D7100 is faster and more accurate when shooting sports. The D7100 is amazing focusing in low light...

d7100-4000iso.jpg

1/1250 | f/2.8 | 4000 iso | 200mm

Shot in a dark indoor 'field house' at night... My D7000 struggled at this venue last year.

Better ISO? My D7100 never had as clean shots @ ISO 4000+

24mp? Crop till you drop... Since i cant afford a 300mm f/2.8 this is a *WIN* for me!

Body design? Its more refined then the D7000. Bigger grip.. better button positions.

Like i said... to some people its features are important... to others not so much... but there are differences. The D7100 is not just a D7000 with a 24mp sensor.

D7000 vs D7100

In Toronto you can get a new D7000 for 799$+Tax, same store sells the D7100 for 1200$ so that 400$ more.

Is the D7100 a better camera ? it sure is and if I didnt have a camera then I would go for the D7100 but if I was really streached for cash the D7000 is an amazing tool and I see no reason not to get it.

If you are short on cash then dont think twice the D7100 is better but its not a revolutionary camera, it does stuff better then the D7K but not by much and I can tell you so far my D7000 just makes me happy like a 3 year old with a new choo choo train.

Money is super tight!! I make very little to no money in this hobby and im paying for everything out of pocket while juggling college and working for dicks...... sporting goods. :p So I ordered a new d7000 for 750.00

Money is super tight!! I make very little to no money in this hobby and im paying for everything out of pocket while juggling college and working for dicks...... sporting goods. :p So I ordered a new d7000 for 750.00

Congrats, you are going to be amazed how nice this camera really is!!! :hail:

Bought my D7000 last year around this time and I love it! The D7100 sounds like a really nice camera but I will be upgrading to FF so I will pass on it for now.

Ive been researching the d7000 and have not seen it new for $750. Its $744 refurbed on BH website. Did you order online or purchase in store? Care to share where you found this deal?

I have the d7000 and have no plans in dumping it for a d7100. With that said, I would go for the d7100 now as I think it is a marginally better camera body. 24mp vs 16mp will give you a bit more room to crop, assuming your lenses are up to it. (jmho)

Ah the progression of technology! The lure of the new, new thing!

Nikon didn't bring out the 7100 so you could take a better picture. They brought it out because the market demands that they do. Otherwise they get pounded by the Photo media as lagging behind with no new offerings in X period of time. This is why the 7100 is not a ground breaking offering. it is, instead, a slot filler. A parts bin camera. Move this button from here to there, give it a an off the shelf higher MP processor, add 100 to its name and call it done! Yes it is a great camera, but then again, so is the camera it replaces on the shelf, the D7000. Buy the 7000 and use the savings to build your arsenal of lenses.

Nikon's version of bang for the buck, btw, imo is the F100. Yes, there are much more expensive film cameras. They are faster, more of this, better that, more heavy duty something else. And, of course every digital camera is supposedly "better. " But bang for the buck? The F100 is still sought after,what, 15 years after it's release? It has withstood the ultimate test - the test of time.

Most reactions

Back