D750 still going strong

Yeah, I like mine.
it's not as "Sturdy" in the hands as my D600 but I really like the features.
if they continue to sell it with the OEM grip it's a great deal (which they stopped).

Nikon's best combination of performance and features

As far as I know its sturdier than the D600 in build quality. Its just also more lightweight. But it has a great grip too, it really "falls" into your hands.

As far as I know its sturdier than the D600 in build quality. Its just also more lightweight. But it has a great grip too, it really "falls" into your hands.
each persons' hands are different.
and when comparing it directly/side-by-side my D600 just felt sturdier than my d750 by a little bit.
The grip is a different curve too and a bit deeper on the d750, thus making the D750 a little easier to hold. So once again the slight ergonomic difference can be felt with the D750 feeling better there.

While I think the D750 is an awesome camera, I checked it out at a camera store but I didn't find it to be as comfortable as my D610. Not that it was horrible, I could use it and be fine. It's just grips of both the D750 and D610 are quite different. I think comfort level is an important factor when deciding on a camera. Who wants a camera that's uncomfortable to hold?

While I think the D750 is an awesome camera, I checked it out at a camera store but I didn't find it to be as comfortable as my D610. Not that it was horrible, I could use it and be fine. It's just grips of both the D750 and D610 are quite different. I think comfort level is an important factor when deciding on a camera. Who wants a camera that's uncomfortable to hold?
If you check the curvature of the outer portion of the grip that is the main difference. Where the D6x0 curves in on the inner part of the grip the D750 curves on the outer part of the grip and is more 90 degree-ish on the other side of the grip .. or vice versa.

The D750 also is a bit deeper as it has a thinner body but the grip still goes out. I noticed my finger tips no longer squish against the body as much. And my hand prefers the grip curve on the outer part of the grip too of the D750. The only wear I had on my d600 was due to my fingertips wearing on the rubber on the body at the inside base of the grip.

If you check the curvature of the outer portion of the grip that is the main difference. Where the D6x0 curves in on the inner part of the grip the D750 curves on the outer part of the grip and is more 90 degree-ish on the other side of the grip .. or vice versa.

The D750 also is a bit deeper as it has a thinner body but the grip still goes out. I noticed my finger tips no longer squish against the body as much. And my hand prefers the grip curve on the outer part of the grip too of the D750. The only wear I had on my d600 was due to my fingertips wearing on the rubber on the body at the inside base of the grip.

Like you said, each person has different hands.

But I do agree with you on the sturdier feeling on the D610 than the D750, although the latter is probably sturdier.

Like you said, each person has different hands.

But I do agree with you on the sturdier feeling on the D610 than the D750, although the latter is probably sturdier.
Yup, totally. It's very small things that either work or don't work for people.

I think the D6x0 has a thicker grip too, which I actually prefer too.
FYI, even though I have small hands my pinky has always gone beyond the camera body. So I always use a grip for general use. It really helps me hold the camera better overall. With the grip I can spread out my fingers more and steady the camera a bit better so ergonomically they both fit well though slightly different.

I use a grip for my d7000 & d500 too.

I think the D6x0 has a thicker grip too, which I actually prefer too.
FYI, even though I have small hands my pinky has always gone beyond the camera body. So I always use a grip for general use. It really helps me hold the camera better overall. With the grip I can spread out my fingers more and steady the camera a bit better so ergonomically they both fit well though slightly different.

I had a grip on my D7000, I liked it but it just made the camera too big for me. But it was quite necessary on the D7000 because my pinky always fell off the bottom. However on the D610 there is enough room my pinky to rest so I didn't feel the need to use a grip.

I really wish someone made a small extension grip for the bottom of DSLRs that are like basically finger width thick. I think some make these for certain mirrorless cameras because they are so small.

When I moved from the D7100 to the D750 I found right away the deeper grim far better and more natural to my hands, so far didn't find a camera with a grip as good as mine but then I didn't try all the cameras in the world LOL

When I moved from the D7100 to the D750 I found right away the deeper grim far better and more natural to my hands, so far didn't find a camera with a grip as good as mine but then I didn't try all the cameras in the world LOL

If there was a camera store that had all the cameras in the world, I don't think any of us would leave. Haha!

If there was a camera store that had all the cameras in the world, I don't think any of us would leave. Haha!
My local BestBuy is close to having all the cameras in the world. Next time I'm in there I'll take a bunch of pictures. They have all the current Nikons except the D5 on display; all the Canons except the 1dx; separate Sony / Fuji / Canon / Nikon / (and I'm sure other brands) mirrorless sections, plus drones (over 15+).

I mentioned before they have multiple experts .. a Nikon specific expert, Canon, Sony, then another 2 at least.

My local BestBuy is close to having all the cameras in the world. Next time I'm in there I'll take a bunch of pictures. They have all the current Nikons except the D5 on display; all the Canons except the 1dx; separate Sony / Fuji / Canon / Nikon / (and I'm sure other brands) mirrorless sections, plus drones (over 15+).

I mentioned before they have multiple experts .. a Nikon specific expert, Canon, Sony, then another 2 at least.

That would be cool! We don't really have that big of a camera store around here.

Still haven't shipped mine off for repairs :-/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back