D90 hangs

fwellers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fwellers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question. I think it is.

Has anyone had something like this happen ?
It is doing lots of weird things. Only a month old, D90 with kit lens.
When shooting with the sb-600, keeps hanging, error says something about CHA ( channel ) ? I have to keep doing a battery pull.

Thought it was the problem with the sb-600, but it's still doing wierd things without it on.
It'll sometimes just hang when trying to take a shot, it says F90 for the fstop, and if I hold the shutter button down, in the lower left it says R00. Also says Err on top. Needs battery pull to clear.

Sometimes, when I first turn it on, I hear a sound, either the shutter or the mirror I guess, and I get the same symptoms as I just described.

Any ideas ?

Thank you,
Floyd

took it to the shop where I bought it. He took the lens off, blew on it, put it back on and said that the plastic kit lenses sometimes do weird things like that.
Nikon is closed for the next couple of weeks according to him, so after I get back from my vacation in middle jan, if it's still acting up, he will send it back to Nikon.

Thanks.

I am curious - what ended up happening? I recently sent in my D90 to Nikon for service. I was getting R00 errors intermittently after only one or two shots. R00 is a buffer error such as taking too many shots too quickly. One or two should not do it. Even battery removal would not always corrects it. I have taken at least 1000 good shots with the unit and the pics are great.

Also noticed a red cast to some indoor pics that I am having Nikon look at as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back