Dear Bird in the Middle: You're Doin' It Wrong.

sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This should probably go in the "Just for Fun" forum because...well, it's just for fun, really. But C&C is also welcome, too.

This was taken last week (on Thursday, when it got to 80 degrees--today, there is a foot of snow in the mountains, and it's about 35F here; thanks a lot, Sandy) on a quick little outing after work. I work in easy walking distance of an area called Volunteer Landing, down on the Holston River in downtown Knoxville; there's a nice greenway there, a small marina where some of the Vol Navy boats dock during the week, and when it's warm, lots of people out running, walking, paddleboarding, rafting, canoeing, etc.

Anyway, this particular evening, I'd really just walked down there to see if there were any nice water reflections going on for some abstracts. I walked so far out the greenway, that I suddenly realized the sun was about to set, and I didn't really want to be out there on the greenway alone, in the dark, with all my photo equipment. By the time I got back to the more public "landing" area near the bridge, the sun had already set and was fast disappearing beyond the horizon. So, it was too dark to get photos of much else at that point. But then, I got fascinated by these birds up on a wire; there were dozens of them--mostly starlings, mockingbirds, a few bluejays and sparrows--all vieing for position on the wires.

This was my favorite--perhaps nothing special, but it amuses me. :D

Oct25 2012 (139)web by sm4him, on Flickr

Great capture - it made me smile a bit when I saw it. It would also be game for a few "captions" like - "Did you guys survive the storm?" and any others that folks would care to make up - maybe a contest :mrgreen::mrgreen:.

WesternGuy

"Hey look, you could see my house from here"

haha... I love this.

The iconoclast avoiding group think. There's always one.

Great capture - it made me smile a bit when I saw it. It would also be game for a few "captions" like - "Did you guys survive the storm?" and any others that folks would care to make up - maybe a contest :mrgreen::mrgreen:.

WesternGuy

That's a great idea, WesternGuy; wish I'd thought of it! Every time I look at it, I just hear one of my teens saying "You're doin' it WRONG." :lol:
Side note--I don't HAVE any teens anymore. My "baby" boy turned 20 this past Sunday.

So...alternate captions, anyone?

No new caption just love it! Thanks for the smile with my coffee this morning :)

Nice shot.

"There's one in every crowd"
"Why be normal?"

I think its great and perfect title =)

It is a fun shot! The original title is pretty good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back