Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from other popular areas in Death Valley National Park

1. Badwater salt flats

2. Zabriskie point

3. Artist's Palette

4. A few panos

Great series. I so want to go there

Nice shots, it is on my bucket list of places to go. Any suggestions as to the best time of the year to visit?

WesternGuy

Nice shots, it is on my bucket list of places to go. Any suggestions as to the best time of the year to visit?

WesternGuy

I would say Spring when the wildflowers are in bloom, or Winter for milder weather and better chances for cloud cover for sunrise/sunset but with a higher chance of rain. Summer can get up in the low 100's and I'm just not a fan of trying to hike out in the scorching heat.

WesternGuy

I would say Spring when the wildflowers are in bloom, or Winter for milder weather and better chances for cloud cover for sunrise/sunset but with a higher chance of rain. Summer can get up in the low 100's and I'm just not a fan of trying to hike out in the scorching heat.

Thanks for the information. Spring and Winter are a bit general, is it possible to nail this down to a month or two or three. My wife is thinking about going to a genealogy conference in Vegas in May, so is May a good month or would it be starting to get too hot?

WesternGuy

WesternGuy

Thanks for the information. Spring and Winter are a bit general, is it possible to nail this down to a month or two or three. My wife is thinking about going to a genealogy conference in Vegas in May, so is May a good month or would it be starting to get too hot?

WesternGuy

You can use this as a general guide. I would expect May to be hot around the basin if you are staying around the Furnace Creek/Stovepipe wells area. However, your heat tolerance may be higher than mine, and temp. changes year to year.

MONTHS
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT TO PACK/WEAR
Winter (Nov-Feb)
Comfortable daytime temperatures
Cold nights
Possible rain

Layers for cold nights

Spring (Mar-Apr)
Hot days
Still rainy

Summer (May-Sep)
Daytime temperatures over 100 F
Shorts, hats, sunscreen, pack to carry water
Fall (Oct)
Hot days

yo13dawg, thanks for the more detailed information. I will put this away in my file for reference when I am going to take Death Valley off my bucket list.

WesternGuy

I like three it is really nice. cool colors.

Most reactions

Back