Deleting images

conor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Milton Keynes U.K.(Formerly Ballycastle, N.I.
Website
www.conorandlucy.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive just been sitting here thinking about all the images I have deleted for one reason or another and was wondering, is it wrong to delete them? Sure, they may have faults but does that mean you should get rid of them completely? In some way I feel that they should be kept so that we can learn form our mistakes. I have only had my 350D since Christmas and I'm still not very good at using it! I've taken it to Italy, Norfolk and back home to Northern Ireland since I have had it and have lost count of the number of I have deleted!

Any thoughts?

I delete photos that have clear technical flaws. Things that went totally wrong. Released when I hadn't yet quite focused. Total overexposure and total underexposure. People who pull very ugly faces (and would HATE to see themselves like that!) ... sometimes also poor composition pics.

But I keep most of my pics and have them in many, many DVDs now (RAM-DVDs, so I can access them as if off my harddrive). I might have many that I will NEVER like because they are only just boring. But I keep them. I never threw out negatives that I did not like that much, either. And I now treat my original digital files as if they were my negatives.

And hey, you also got your 350D for Christmas?
I got mine two days earlier (three for you, since Christmas is 25 December for you, while in Germany 24 December is THE big day) because then it is my birthday, but all in all we've had our 350D's for almost equally long. Funny :D.

I never delete any photo's...The duff ones are there to remind me to get it right next time and learn from what went wrong.

Just backed up my images onto DVD's 4 or 5 years of digital ~ 24 DVD's.

Most reactions

Back