designing a press pass

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm designing a press pass for my campus news paper. They are starting to get strict on who is allowed on the Field and Courts. I was the press pass to look official and not something a kid did in paint.

Does anyone have any ideas? I also do not want a template because most templates are for kids.

If you have a press pass for a newspaper, could you post a picture of it for design ideas?

I tried google images for press passes and got a picture of a nude black male. Got to love google lol

I designed our passes for this year. I have a good hookup on having them printed (super professional, big time newspaper style) too if you're interested.

Preview.jpg

Download GIMP, (Its free) open file, save as something your editing software can read.

Those look awesome Sam. Nice to see another Cincinnati photographer, too. :)

Technically I'm not IN Cincinnati, per say... But I can be there in fifteen minutes without traffic. :)

I'm around Florence, KY and often in/around/above/under Covington.

Whatever you do, do NOT make them in photoshop. Photoshop is not for designing print and will look like ****.

Put them together in InDesign.
why is photoshop not designed for print?

I'm designing a press pass for my campus news paper. They are starting to get strict on who is allowed on the Field and Courts. I was the press pass to look official and not something a kid did in paint.

Does anyone have any ideas? I also do not want a template because most templates are for kids.

If you have a press pass for a newspaper, could you post a picture of it for design ideas?

I tried google images for press passes and got a picture of a nude black male. Got to love google lol

I'm a little confuse here. If you are shooting for the campus newspaper and you are talking about sports, how will a press pass you print help? I shoot sports and I get all my sideline passes from the college athletic department where the game is being played.

If you are looking for an ID pass then that is a different matter. I would suggest that you get with the school administration and build it along the lines of your campus ID card. All schools have them now and your press pass will be easily recognizable if it is in the same format at your school ID.

I'm a little confuse here. If you are shooting for the campus newspaper and you are talking about sports, how will a press pass you print help? I shoot sports and I get all my sideline passes from the college athletic department where the game is being played.

If you are looking for an ID pass then that is a different matter. I would suggest that you get with the school administration and build it along the lines of your campus ID card. All schools have them now and your press pass will be easily recognizable if it is in the same format at your school ID.

I got to a small private school. I already know the coaches. They just want something because we are going to NCAA soon and NCAA has different rules. What ever I make the coaches will be fine with.

I got to a small private school. I already know the coaches. They just want something because we are going to NCAA soon and NCAA has different rules. What ever I make the coaches will be fine with.

Which is why I made the suggestion I did. I shoot Division 1 and NAIA here in the mid west. The college where the game is played will issue you a sideline pass. A press pass will not always get you on the field. Your school will probably need to send a letter around to the schools you want to shoot at vouching for you as a member of their school paper and requesting a sideline pass for events for you. Most of the places I shoot require at least a one week lead time to authorize your pass. If it is a big game you will not only need more time, but depending on the venue and the sport you may get turned down. When KU is ranked #1 or 2 and they are playing say Duke it is a lot harder to get on the floor than when they are playing say an unranked Missouri. There is only so much base line room to be had.

Once you get to know the Assistant AD's for marketing or press relations, depending on the school, you can usually get a pass with just a phone call. Be there early, got to the prescribed gate and pick up your pass. Good luck.

Which is why I made the suggestion I did. I shoot Division 1 and NAIA here in the mid west. The college where the game is played will issue you a sideline pass. A press pass will not always get you on the field. Your school will probably need to send a letter around to the schools you want to shoot at vouching for you as a member of their school paper and requesting a sideline pass for events for you. Most of the places I shoot require at least a one week lead time to authorize your pass. If it is a big game you will not only need more time, but depending on the venue and the sport you may get turned down. When KU is ranked #1 or 2 and they are playing say Duke it is a lot harder to get on the floor than when they are playing say an unranked Missouri. There is only so much base line room to be had.

Once you get to know the Assistant AD's for marketing or press relations, depending on the school, you can usually get a pass with just a phone call. Be there early, got to the prescribed gate and pick up your pass. Good luck.

yea, I already have been through that. When our basketball team goes to the NAIA tournament I have to give like a month notice for a media pass.

The pass I'm wanting to make will show people on campus that I'm with the paper. Like last week we had ROTC on campus. They knew I was with the paper because I told them but it would be nice to have something on me to "prove" that. I already get to go on the field for all sports and on the courts for home games.

Most reactions

Back