Destin's Drone Photos

The first couple of photos, especially the second one, are about the best drone photos I've seen. Most I've seen look about like google maps. Yours actually have - composition. Who knew anything this good was even possible?? I didn't from what I've seen. I also particularly like the one of the ice fishing by the grain silo.

In my area there was something on the news about somebody using a drone to drop off drugs in an empty parking lot down the street. People would pick up the drugs, then pay for them by driving by the house and tossing money (in a packet or whatever) into the front yard. I guess neighbors started reporting it when they kept seeing cars driving by slow and tossing something.

The first couple of photos, especially the second one, are about the best drone photos I've seen. Most I've seen look about like google maps. Yours actually have - composition. Who knew anything this good was even possible?? I didn't from what I've seen. I also particularly like the one of the ice fishing by the grain silo.

In my area there was something on the news about somebody using a drone to drop off drugs in an empty parking lot down the street. People would pick up the drugs, then pay for them by driving by the house and tossing money (in a packet or whatever) into the front yard. I guess neighbors started reporting it when they kept seeing cars driving by slow and tossing something.

Wow, thanks! That means a lot!

Killer set. #3 my favorite this round.

Was sitting home today and the light started getting good around sunset. Went to fly the drone over an abandoned stone quarry near my house that I've been meaning to check out. Was trying to use the low angle of the light to accentuate the contour of the terrain. I'm quite happy with the results!

1.) A pile of crushed stone that was never sold or transported off site prior to closing the facility.
i-kZbVtWV-X2.jpg

2.) This one is my favorite. Love the stripes of different color and the correlation between the rocks in the quarry and the paved roadway... sort the beginning to the end of the process in one photo.
i-7pQLb8G-XL.jpg

3.) Farmer's Windmill. Sort of looked like the earth had given birth to the windmill. Found it interesting.
i-TNfZMQn-XL.jpg

4.) Not showing the contour of the terrain in this one, just testing the dynamic range. Single image that was exposed for the sky, brought the foreground back up in post. The foreground was nearly black SOOC. Not quite the performance of my Nikon cameras, but pretty impressive for a drone.
i-fpk9C5w-XL.jpg

Good stuff! I like the variations of color in 3, and like the info about #4 processing and the possibilities.
Got my Mavik flying a few times around the backyard. Just figuring it out. I have changed a setting somewhere because it stopped sending the photo or video to my app? I can see it while flying, but it stopped storing it anywhere..back to YouTube... :{

Good stuff! I like the variations of color in 3, and like the info about #4 processing and the possibilities.
Got my Mavik flying a few times around the backyard. Just figuring it out. I have changed a setting somewhere because it stopped sending the photo or video to my app? I can see it while flying, but it stopped storing it anywhere..back to YouTube... :{

Do you have an SD card in?

Aright guys, its been a long while (6 months) since I posted in this thread. I have drone photos to share and figured I'd revive this thread rather than starting a new one.

Update: I've sold the phantom 4 pro and purchased a mavic pro. I really wanted a more portable drone that I could hike with or throw in a saddle bag on my motorcycle. So far, I'm incredibly happy with the change. I honestly like the photos from the mavic better than the phantom, despite the "worse" specs.

I took all five of these photos yesterday. The first two were in the morning at Hoyt Lake/Delaware Park in Buffalo. The last three were at hemlock lake in Livingston county, NY.

Personally, this is my favorite set of drone images I've produced to date.

1.) The Pedestrian Foot Bridge over the 198 in Buffalo
Untitled by Destin Danser, on Flickr

2.) Rental Boats, Hoyt Lake.

3.) Part of the water intake/treatment at Hemlock Lake. Hemlock lake is a primary water source for Rochester, NY

4.) Another part of the water intake/treatment at Hemlock Lake.

5.) A small fishing boat on hemlock lake

Aright guys, its been a long while (6 months) since I posted in this thread. I have drone photos to share and figured I'd revive this thread rather than starting a new one.

Update: I've sold the phantom 4 pro and purchased a mavic pro. I really wanted a more portable drone that I could hike with or throw in a saddle bag on my motorcycle. So far, I'm incredibly happy with the change. I honestly like the photos from the mavic better than the phantom, despite the "worse" specs.

I took all five of these photos yesterday. The first two were in the morning at Hoyt Lake/Delaware Park in Buffalo. The last three were at hemlock lake in Livingston county, NY.

Personally, this is my favorite set of drone images I've produced to date.

1.) The Pedestrian Foot Bridge over the 198 in Buffalo

2.) Rental Boats, Hoyt Lake.

3.) Part of the water intake/treatment at Hemlock Lake. Hemlock lake is a primary water source for Rochester, NY

4.) Another part of the water intake/treatment at Hemlock Lake.

5.) A small fishing boat on hemlock lake
very cool. stop posting those, I want one now[emoji12]

Got out with the drone again the other night. I feel like I'm really finding my groove with locating artistic compositions from the air.

1.) Overhead view of Buffalo's Fire Boat, The Edward M. Cotter
Edward M Cotter by Destin Danser, on Flickr

2.) Buffalo Main Light with the Edward Cotter and City Skyline behind it
Buffalo Main Light by Destin Danser, on Flickr

3.) Buffalo Main Light as seen from directly above. A rarely (or maybe never) seen view
Buffalo Main Light by Destin Danser, on Flickr

4.) The Buffalo Intake Crib "Lighthouse." This is the water intake station for the City of Buffalo, located over a mile out into Lake Erie. This is the main water source for the city, and is considered a lighthouse strictly because it has a light on top of it so that boats don't hit it.
Buffalo Intake Crib Lighthouse by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Like JC said Destin, you really need to stop posting now. My wife is not going to approve me buying a drone, which is going to create an argument. So I'm limited to viewing (drooling) over your fantastic images.

Most reactions

Back