What's new

Did I over do it?

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again, I keep looking at a shot!! One time I love it, the next I'm like that's too much. So you guys can help me by chiming in. Did I over process this shot? lol Are the colors too crazy? :lol::hug::

6281329443_31f9230f1e_z.jpg
 
Looks good to me Mishele ;)
 
I like it but if it were me I would tone the blue down just a tad :) Just a tad.
 
Looks very good to me. Not over the top. Nice shot
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Thanks for the comments guys!!!
I mess w/ my flower shots a lot, so when I go into other types of photography I tend to over do it a bit....lol

MissCream and MLeeK....I'll mess w/ the blue and see what happens...:sexywink:
 
It's right on the edge for me... maybe a little over. That may be why you flip-flop. It's like a screeching tire on a turn. Just a hair more and you lose the car.
 
Depends on the output. If you are printing matte or canvas with a wooden frame, then, yes. It's too much.

On the other hand, if you're printing on metallic with a slender, black, modern frame, I would say it was perfect.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
I'm not printing at all yet....lol But if I'm questioning it....I guess I should try to pull it back a little. I'll play w/ it and post a new one....=)
 
I'd bring the blues down a little and bump the orange up somewhat. Just a few tics on the sliders.

But the composition and editing is fantastic. It's pretty much perfect the way it is now.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Meh.....lol

IMG_0298b-2-1.jpg
 
Maybe stack those two versions on top of each other, create a layer mask, and erase the sky in the second. I like the more natural look of the sand, but I prefered the sky from your original.

So, my vote, top half of #1 with bottom half of #2.
 
the beautiful mistyness overlaying the detail in the hillsides is gone now :( in the re-edit.



meh
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Kerbouchard try it if you like....lol

Yeah, if I were you I would have Lol'd, too. Two different sizes, plus a crazy crop. Gee thanks. :confused:

In any case, I never could pass up a challenge. And I did end up adding a bit of blue back into the bottom...Couldn't resist.

6287445091_641548bb00_z.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #15
Sorry about the different sizes....lol I knew you could do it...:sexywink:
It's lookin closer to the first one to me....=)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom