What's new

Did I over do it?

Sorry about the different sizes....lol I knew you could do it...:sexywink:
It's lookin closer to the first one to me....=)
The different sizes didn't hurt...the different sizes, plus the crop made it interesting...As far as it looking a bit like the first one, I agree...Heck, I like your first one.

Here is more of what I had in mind when I made my comment, but your image kept screaming at me during the first go around...It said, "Make it Blue! Make it Blue!"...I couldn't resist.

In any case, here is one with a bit more self-control.
6287502117_f8dae1330a_z.jpg
 
The canoe is the dynamic in this shot and it is not captured it very well which hurts everything else.
 
MISH!!!! I love it! Don't change a damned thing! I'm so used to your flower images, and not that I don't LOVE those... It's cool to see you posting something else and rocking at it! Seriously... I love the colors!
 
I love the first edit but I almost feel like its two different scenes. Visually very interesting because the left half of the frame is in total competition with the right in my mind. You have two visual points of interest as well competing. The dock and the boat. Now the red boat is much more powerful because well its red and bright. I like the first one but would love it if you had one with each just the dock and one with just the boat.

I know you didnt ask for any of that critique at all but you know I adore you so I am hoping you will forgive my honestly lol. I still prefer the first edit. :)
 
[deleted]
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
Moe.....lol That beach is so beautiful and you are right, it is not easy to capture!! I'm lucky I got a shot w/ out people in it!!:greenpbl: Thanks for the kind words!! They mean a lot because you have been there!!
When I was there a group of locals had a band set up next to the beach and they were partying!! It was a very romantic moment and one of the best memories from my trip!!

Kerbouchard........lol "make it blue, make it blue" I heard that same voice and everytime I would change it I would hear it again...lol

mwcfarms.....You can always say whatever you want about my shots......I'm never offended!! I can completely see what you are saying about 2 shots in one here. I did take a shot of just the pier. I'll post it up when I edit it.

mike.....Yes I do agree that the front of the boat might be a little underexposed.

Thanks everyone for all the comments!!!
 
I like your original better, Mish.

the thing I was grinding my teeth over before was the blue cast was noticably placed in the image... the reds in the boat going awol is too obvious.

I dorked with it for a second and did a selective color grab on the boat and added blue to the rest of the image but that was still fairly noticable.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
Thanks man!! This has been a frustrating shot to edit.....lol I think I'm just going to go w/ my gut and keep it the way it is. 80% of the time I love it....so that is what I'm going w/....:hug::

If people want to play I'll post the original.
 
More emphasis on the colour of the boat and bringing out the structure on the end of the wharf.

skieur

overdoedMishele.jpg
 
^^^ that's closer to where I think it needs to be but I think you may have overdone it on the boat by a bit.
 
oh and np mish. :)
 
^^^ that's closer to where I think it needs to be but I think you may have overdone it on the boat by a bit.

You could be right! I suppose it depends on whether you want the viewer's eye to go to the boat first or the sky first or whether they should be balanced with equally bright colours.

BTW, I used brightness and contrast, NOT saturation on the boat.

skieur
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #28
skieur....I do like your version!! The boat looks a lot better. But I don't know about the end of the pier...lol
Thanks for playing around w/ the shot.
 
skieur....I do like your version!! The boat looks a lot better. But I don't know about the end of the pier...lol
Thanks for playing around w/ the shot.

Well, the end of the pier can be easily re-darkened!

BTW. I would highly recommend Nik software plug-ins for very fast post processing and especially for any pros or part time pros where time is money.

skieur
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom