Different but the same.

mannella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Its the middle of winter here and it hasn't stopped snowing in weeks so to put it mildly I'm bored so I started playing with a photo of my grandaughter Let me know what you think. The first one I used a rock that was covered in moss as a background and then used it as a fram for the second one--Lenny
stone.jpg

black-head.jpg

Big fan of the outcome of your "boredom play" in Photo 2. That one I really like. It now looks like the close-up of a painting that could have been done towards the end of the 19th century - actually I am having a painting in mind that ... let me think... I could show you, if you don't mind. I took a close-up of that detail in the very painting once... now where is that print???

Edit:
Found the print, scanned it, find it does look a little different, of course, also a wee bit different from what I remembered, but I still also see some similarities - I have searched the web high and low for who might be the painter of said image, of which I only photographed two details, never the whole, and I never put down any information about it (silly me!) - I can only guess now.

What I need is your ok to put up my photographed painting in comparison to show you which picture this photo reminds me of...

Thank you.
Your picture made me think of the detail of this canvas, which I THINK was painted by Fritz Mackensen. I have seen it in Worpswede and am quite miffed today that I never took down any notes of who this is from nor never bothered to try and photograph the entire canvas. So here - 5 years later - all I can do is guess :roll:

FritzMackensenGemlde-Detail_Kind.jpg

The overall scene was a family standing around the deathbed of the grandfather (I think), mourning his death. This girl is clinging to her mother's skirt. I do hope that your beautiful granddaughter's grandfather is not (!) going to be on a deathbed ANY time soon, so she will not have to look this sad for SUCH a reason ;) ;) ;) !!!!!!

Awesome work mannella. I kinda like the second, but both are really cool

thanks chiller.
I hope I'm going to be around for awile can't speak for her mothers dad though. That looks like it could be an impressionist painting which you might be able to tell I'm a fan of. My mother-inlaw is a great painter and I would like to try it someday but for now I will just try and make photo's look like them.
My mother inlaw never started painting untill she was in her sixties so theres hope for me yet. She's 87 now and has not painted in a few years.--Lenny

Most reactions

Back