Diffuser recommendations?

EDL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to diffuse the flash heads on my MT-24EX. I see the Sto-Fen products, but wondering if they work well, or is there something better?

Looking to diffuse the flash heads on my MT-24EX. I see the Sto-Fen products, but wondering if they work well, or is there something better?

One of the best diffusers I know is what Orionmystery came up with for his MT-24EX's.. I duplicated something similar for use with my Nikon R1C1's... and it does really well.

MT24EX concave diffuser quick update | Up Close with Nature

Shot of mine (made from a 2 liter pop bottle (2 pieces cut out with slots for the flashes) with a paper towel in between the two pieces. Very soft light... wide coverage

$diff-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Interesting. Any issues bumping it into stuff when trying to get shots? Looks easy enough to make. I'll give that a try, nothing to lose!

I'm finding it really hard to get shots of little critters with the MP-E65. As long as they sit still, it's not too bad, but other than moths, worms and the like, not too many of them sit still very long, lol.

I think I'm going to set up a white box and shoot some dead ones (I can mount them and they'll sit still!).

I just got my new tripod and macro rails the other day and itching to try them out (and some focus stacking).

The tripod is awesome! I got this: Amazon.com: Vanguard Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head: Camera & Photo

Love that center column how it tilts and swings around. The pistol grip ball head is nice too. It's not light though, about 5 pounds and while it does fit into the tripod holder on my backpack, it doesn't retract as short as many tripods I've seen and if you don't have much equipment in the bag, it wants roll sideways on your back.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back