What's new

Digital Book Readers

VidThreeNorth

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
1,614
Reaction score
506
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There was a discussion about "Digital Book Readers" before, but not as a piece of "equipment". I think about a book reader as photographic "equipment" because one can use a "book reader" as something to carry a library of past photos. These days, most people would use cellphones for this, but a "digital book" could have a bigger screen and be "passed around". The drawback is that greyscale is limited (mostly the ones I know about are pure monochrome).
 
I recently saw a (maybe) university student on a bus using a book reader. It appeared to be fairly new, and I thought about my experiences with these products. I still have two. One is a "Kobo", which is still working, and I actually do use it, though it is now damaged. The 5-way switch had a rubber cover which has been damaged. The rubber has broken off. The power switch also dried out and crumbled. I have to use a pen to "press the switch" to use it. I also have a Sony PRS-300 which I cannot get to "boot". There is a semi-secret key combination (home, down and power-switch) which almost re-boots it, but fails.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom