digital photo cd..do u provide them free of charge?

I think digital images should be password-protected in various ways. Some type of key system seems to be the logical way to go. Without the key, or corresponding keys, the files can either not be opened, not be viewed, viewed but with watermark, viewed but not printed etc. Of course, how to go about this in a robust way would have to be well thought out (including ensuring that image on a webpage could still be viewed on any site visitor's computer w/o the key), but there's little sense in trying to develop it to make it easy. Apple found the right balance with iTunes; I think the very JPEG standard should be overhauled to something more along these lines.

^^^
I also don't do proof prints. I make a CD with the photos as 3x5" with my watermark on them. Its SO much easier, and costs much less than doing proof prints. That comes included with the sitting fee.

How do you tell the client that they will get the photos on a cd or online with your watermark? Is your watermark in the middle of the photo?
Or do you assume they know that's how the photos are delivered because that's the industry way?

Are the contracts you give to a private client super complicated? How explicit are you with what you deliver and what you don't?

Thanks in advance for any advice

^^^
I also don't do proof prints. I make a CD with the photos as 3x5" with my watermark on them. Its SO much easier, and costs much less than doing proof prints. That comes included with the sitting fee.

How do you tell the client that they will get the photos on a cd or online with your watermark? Is your watermark in the middle of the photo?
Or do you assume they know that's how the photos are delivered because that's the industry way?

Are the contracts you give to a private client super complicated? How explicit are you with what you deliver and what you don't?

Thanks in advance for any advice
FrimpyEIBW was last active on the forums on 03-20-2008 10:12 PM, over 2.5 years ago. It's doubtful you'll get a reply from he/she.

Contracts for retail photography clients are best written in plain language, that clearly define your terms, conditions, and definitions. Contracts should be reviewed at least twice a year for possible revision.

Use license/print release terms need to be included in contracts, and as text images on CD's and DVD's.

Most reactions

Back