digitals future??

I placed an order for a Canon 5D I got an email asking me to call and confirm my order. The Salesman was very polite and knew his cameras! Yes I paid a bit more then they advertised it at but it was still lower then almost any camera shop. Overall the experience was quite pleasant, the order came in 2 days and I will definitely shop there again for all my camera needs!!

I've just been doing some googling, if you look for reviews if digitalsfuture you'll see that over the last couple of days they've had a lot of very happy customers - I would hazard a guess they just learned to use google too. :)

In my experience if a site has products at prices that seem like rock bottom compared to big names like B&H, then it is best to stay far away from them.

What about Cameta Camera? Any good?

I have bought from Cameta multiple times on ebay and they are great.

I placed an order for a Canon 5D I got an email asking me to call and confirm my order. The Salesman was very polite and knew his cameras! Yes I paid a bit more then they advertised it at but it was still lower then almost any camera shop. Overall the experience was quite pleasant, the order came in 2 days and I will definitely shop there again for all my camera needs!!

Interesting that your first (and so far, only) post is in this thread...

Gotta agree with KvnO - how many customers do you really expect to get from this post?

LOL @ that idiot, no1 is going to believe whoever that was, trying to protect that website...

Yes I paid a bit more then they advertised it at but it was still lower then almost any camera shop.

If you paid more then what was advertised then it wasn't a fair transaction... :er:

And yes... the post smells like a shill

To Mods,

I recall that there was a suggestion to have a sticky in this forum to copy posts of purchase experiences with various online vendors. This was several years ago and I figure I would throw it out there again. First post could be a link to www.resellerratings.com as we get tons of these type of posts. Mods with proper permissions could cut and paste to that thread members experiences. Perhaps just the bad ones... or perhaps both good and bad. Its just a suggestion and I understand that managing such thread would be more work. btw.. keep up the good work.

Last edited:
This appears to be the classic bait and switch company marketing "upsells". I ordered a Canon DSLR on 1/8/08 and got an order confirmation. After about a week, I decided to call to check the status. They then stated they have been trying to get a hold of me to verify the shipping address. After doing so, I got the sales job to try to buy a battery & charger (not included), lens, strap, etc. I declined. I was then told the camera was 4-6 weeks out which I said was fine because I was not in a hurry and I already had the "accessories". Called again last week and the cameras are stuck in customs (BullS**T) and it will be another 4-6 weeks. I have not cancelled and plan on spending more time calling everyday getting updates. Even if they cancel my order, I am going to continue to call and I am sure I will cost more in toll-free calling on-hold than my camera will cost.

Moral of the story is don't order from them unless you have time to waste and really don't want a product.

Here is there "storefront":
Digitals Future Eco, DigitalsFuture.com

Also, did you know that the Brooklyn Bridge is actually a corporation, with stockholders? It's not very well advertised, because the stockholders very rarely sell their shares -- they're so profitable, no one wants to sell! However, recently a few stockholders have passed away, and because Digitals Future was nearby in Brooklyn, they were able to obtain these shares at below market value and are now ready to pass the savings on to you! So anyone looking to buy shares in the Brooklyn Bridge, they're available on the website...

Look -- if you're a real person (and not a shill for this scam site...), then you got hosed. But, hey, if you want to get back in line for another hosing...oh well, it takes all kinds I suppose. :er:

My husband called them, they stated that the camera is a factory sealed canon camera. Not an import, USA made

A quick google map street view shows the store front ?

Genius really..

2517 86th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11204

Whats not legit ?

would you tell me which model 5D you purchased and how much your final price was?

This guy is either FROM Digitals Future or a LIAR!!!
That site is a scam! Nothing more nothing less simply a scam. They strip the items from all the essentials and then try to sell them to you separately for a ridiculous price.

As if that was not bad enough I was told that my camcorder was coming from Japan and would take six weeks to get here. Plus the controls and manual would be in Japanese!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back